Amout lowering springs

I have read that if you put lower springs they reduce dramatically the life of the stock suspension. What is your opinion about that? I am interested to put lower springs and to get rid of the 4x4 look of my vrs but I don't want to change my shocks after 10k miles.

Edited by le_bron

I have slightly more than 10K on the H&Rs and no issues whatsoever (although I plan to match them with Bilstein B8 dampers before this summer for other reasons). I know other people with them on also and no one has reported an issue. If you plan to lower it, I would recommend the H&Rs. I had seen some cars on Eibachs and the difference wasn't that great compared to stock. I don't know about those specific springs but I have heard of other Eibach sets that the actual drop was less than what they advertised and 20mm is on the limit of being noticeable to begin with. And don't think I like slammed cars, actually I hate them. I do like a nice small gap between the wheel and the arch though. I think the only reason people choose them is the fact they can be installed and guaranteed from the dealer but for a component like that, unless you go for some ridiculous option there isn't/shouldn't be much concern anyway. Of course best thing is to find as more shots as possible of both and see what you prefer, but if stance improvement is a primary concern I believe the H&R are the way to go.

Edited by newbie69