mk 1 octy vrs surging issues after stage 2

hi guys am still getting surging problems after the stage 2 have recently changed to a brand new oem dv from my compbrake one and had a major service but problem persists from quarter of a pedal to 3 quarters have been told now possibly n75 valve but dont want to buy any more parts if i dont need them anybody had similar issues and finally found what the issue was all help is much appreciated

I had this issue on a standard car without a remap. I had to change the n75 valve and it cured the problem. May be worth seeing if a fellow member is local to you so you can swap parts to see if it is your n75 valve without you buying one first.

yes have a boost gauge fitted and about 3 quartwers of a pedal it is dropping boost from about 1.4 psi to 1.2 mate

Cool so when you dropping you mean as you feel the surge the boost drops as well??

I only ask as the boost should tail off at a given point.

You're currently holding around 20 psi which should then slowly tail off to somewhere around 12-14 maybe, does your s move slowly back or is it a noticeable drop which can be felt ?

no it does move slowly back its not noticeable but u no its doing it it feels like the car wants to be driven foot to the floor everywhere had none of these issues on stage 1 only since the stage 2

no its not flicking back and forth u can just hear it rev for about 1k then hear it dump momentarily to atmosphere and does that every 1k-1.5k throughout the rev range but has no problems when u floor it

it does feel more noticeable the more pedal use but only does it intermittantly cant get it to do it all the time but at 3 quarters of a pedal it does have times when it feels like u notice the drop in the surge this has been bugging me ever since i had the stage 2

rtech mapped it  and no access to vcds have just got a cable but only have the lite version vag com but still have to install to lappy as my battery goosed and runs out of juice as soon as i get in car needs to be plugged in constantly :(

Edited by sav26

I think you can log Injector duty Cycle on the lite version, it's in the first few blocks for engine, have a look and let me know if you can, 

I would think R-tech would be wiling to take a look for you, maybe a better option.

Another thought, when was the fuel filter last changed, it's not classed as a service item so may still be on the original. 

had it done around 6 months ago the fuel filter and have asked rtech on a cpl of occasions who say i really need vcds on it first but that was before i changed dv and had the major service contacted them yesterday aswell to see if they had any ideas but am waiting to hear back

standard one as i was told by rtech when i went they have absolutely no use for the 4 bar reg i took with me and told me not to put it on as i still have it sat here