mk2 vrs tfsi

VrsStebuzz

It bolts on, there's pilot holes pre drilled on the splitter so I used self taping screws to get my guide holes to drill on the bumper. Then just bolt it up, had to remove front lower grill (just pulls out) and pull arch liner back but not a massive job quite simple.

IMAG0190.jpg

Well what an absolute ball ache of a job the brakes where, the disc retaining screw is made of cheese. Why on earth vw decided to use completely different designs front and rear is beyond me 13mm bolts on rear caliper and 14 spline bolt on the carrier. But on the front oh no let's change it 21mm bolt on the carrier and a caliper that just slides off arrrghhh It proper threw me and slowed the whole thing down but all fitted now.

Weather was abit iffy so rather than risking it on the drive I shot up to my grans to use the garage, only downside being it's full of many car parts that I really need to clear out so couldn't get all the way in.

IMAG0696_edit_1442126959143.jpg

IMAG0695_edit_1442127040477.jpg

Forgot to take as many pics as I planned but here's two I got, I'll get a few more when I've cleaned the car.

IMAG0697.jpg

IMAG0699.jpg

• 1 month later...

Had to put my spare wheels on due to bald tyres on the front and no money in the pot just yet

IMG_20151018_104638.jpg

Then had to drop her off for that dreaded time of year...

IMG_20151019_074938.jpg

It's going to fail on both outer Cv boots as their leaking, but fingers crossed that's all, bushes and struts are all seeming worn and tired but hopefully their passable for now.

Edited by VrsStebuzz

New tyres arrived today so just need time to get them fitted and I can say good riddance to the spare wheels.

I went for Goodyear eagle f1 assymetric 2. Found an eBay code on uk hot deals and got £50 off a set of 4.

Passed it's mot anyway so that's a huge relief I can just sort little bits out to tidy it up now. First job attack the stone chips and scratches.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Wow: whether it's the angle of the photo, or more likely the ride height, wheel size and splitter, it just looks.... right.!

Well done sir: it's a great looking car: hats off to you!

No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy

Wow: whether it's the angle of the photo, or more likely the ride height, wheel size and splitter, it just looks.... right.!

Well done sir: it's a great looking car: hats off to you!

It is a cracking picture, it's sat pretty well too as it doesn't look that low most of the time, desperately need to get it lowered.

I have the same splitter, plus H&R 50mm springs: sits just right for a daily driver with no real noticeable compromise in comfort: you need these!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Postman came today these arrived first.

IMAG2268.jpg

Gutted the sidelights arse too big to fit in the hole. But the number plate lights...

IMAG2288.jpg

Happy with those. Then the better parcel turned up.

IMAG2274.jpg

So of course like a kid at Christmas I ran out to fit them.

IMAG2286_edit_1452023167159.jpg

IMAG2276.jpg

IMAG2281_edit_1452024580040.jpg

IMAG2285_edit_1452024676894.jpg

Edited by VrsStebuzz
  • Like 2