mk2 vrs tfsi

VrsStebuzz

So I tried to be responsible and grown up when I bought the zafira, but I hated everything about it definitely the worst car I've owned. So went for something practical yet fun, which led me to this I picked up two weeks ago..

IMAG0635.jpg

IMAG0639.jpg

IMAG0640.jpg

IMAG0597.jpg

Plans are colour code grill, lower, cat back, tints and enjoy until I can afford more substantial mods.

My second son is due in June so no real progress till after then. But doing as much as I can as soon as I can.

Edited by VrsStebuzz
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Gave the car a good clean today and also did this

IMAG0730.jpg

IMAG0732.jpg

Was going to wrap it in black vinyl I've got lying around, but after 're-fitting the grill I felt it was too much black so will be colourcoding it instead.

IMAG0733.jpg

Will pick up some wire wool too to try and tidy the exhaust as it's not looking it's best.

IMAG0728.jpg

The TFSI responds really well to engine mods, my TFSI is at stage 2+ and Porsche brake setup.

If you are in the area sometime, you're welcome to come and try it ;)

Sorting the looks out primarily but will be looking at engine mods in the future. Telfords a bit of a trek for me, used to be down there frequently when I did work for severn Trent water but never have a need to go that way nowadays

• Like 1

What prep before primer, finish look's really good even before laquer is applied. Wanting to do this mod to my fl Octy black magic paint.

Gave it a good wash with fairy liquid and hot water to remove all grease and dirt, keyed the surface with 2500 grit and 're washed. Then just apply thin coats worst thing you can do is get carried away and start smothering it you just have to be patient.

I'm made up with it so far, it's a well worthwhile cheap mod that makes a huge difference

Let me guess... remap, 19", drop? :)

Possibly a map in future but not soon, I rarely push it to the limit as it is so no need and I'd rather get the cosmetics as I want them first.

Wouldn't go near 19" as they would just destroy the ride, 18" are more than adequate on these.

I'm looking at springs to improve the handling and take away that horrendous arch gap, but not 'slamming' I still need it to be usable and again don't want to destroy the ride as I'll have 2 young ones in the majority of the time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not progress as such but gave her a clean today and tried out my rotary polisher I dug out from back of garage, only did the bonnet as didn't have time to commit most of my day to it.

Before:

IMAG0945.jpg

After:

IMAG0946.jpg

Threw some poorboys blackhole on and some hd wax too. Need to order some more gear before I set out on the full car.

IMAG0955.jpg

Ordering new wheels in the next few weeks as these have got the common corrosion issues and are leaking air in 3 of them, then full set of h&r 55mm springs and shocks that it's desperately crying out for.

Finally changed my number plate lights quick comparison pic.

IMAG1013.jpg

Ordered my new wheels which should be with me by wednesday hopefully. Ordered wind deflectors too but messed up and ordered for an estate instead of saloon derrrrr

Had some deliveries today,

IMG_203709445741757.jpeg

IMAG1017.jpg

IMAG1016.jpg

Edition 35 reps, same dimensions as standard but et42 rather than 51.

IMAG1018.jpg

Decided the gold badges don't work so got anthracite to match the wheels. (The bubbling isn't in the badge it's the protective film)

Pressed plates also arrived for when I finally put my reg on and hopefully wind deflectors will turn up tomorrow.

Hopefully have everything fitted at the weekend, providing the Mrs doesn't go into Labour!

Okay so I fitted the wind deflectors

IMAG1028.jpg

But more importantly this happened...

IMAG1029.jpg

IMAG1030.jpg

IMAG1038.jpg

These pics show the difference with et51 7.5j standard and now et42 8j

IMAG1027.jpg

IMAG1037.jpg

I'm absolutely made up with them, just need some lows next ;)

• Like 1