Confusion over engine sizes...

So I'm looking at replacing my 07 plate 55,000 mile e class with a Superb estate, elegance 4x4. Probably a mid 2013, and I have the July 13 brochure. Right then, the brochure shows (excluding the V6),that the 6 speed manual 4x4 is only available with 140ps, and the dsg 4x4 comes with the 170ps. How come I can find other combinations (a dsg with 140) on the Skoda website?

I've seen 1 140 DSG 4x4 & it was a July 2012 model on Autotrader. I have also seen a few manual 170 4x4's

Which would you prefer a 170 or a 140? DSG or manual??

There is a local Arnold Clark that has a 4x4 170 elegance with manual. I've looked at it - 44k on the clock. But it's really dirty, would need a serious valet

Late pre facelift 4x4 170's were only available as manuals, 140's were DSG. The FL models are the opposite, 170's are DSG only. That's why I bought a late pre FL rather than new 4x4 as I don't like DSG with diesel engines (a minority view probably, hence Skoda UK's decision to drop the manual 170) and I wanted the 170.

Edit: you can find pre FL Superbs on 63 plates as well as FL models, hence the confusion. Your brochure is for the FL model

Edited by Bristolf2b
  • Like 1

Thanks for the responses. I knew about the one in Arnold Clark on other threads. After reading the threads, hopefully a 170 (£15 difference in road tax), not much to lose in fuel consumption over the 140. A dsg would be my preference.

Was just a friendly bit of banter - looks like I'll be after a 170cr manual fwd twindoor.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for you though. I did see one on auto trader this morning is dark blue for £15995??? (170 DSG 4x4)