Cambelt replacement interval

Hi, I wonder when my 2.0 TDi cambelt should be changed. There is no record in the service record of it having been done yet (45000 miles, car registered 2007)

Also should any other work be carried out a same time (tensioners etc)

80,000 or 4 years which ever comes first is the usual concencus IIRC. The cambelt usually comes in a kit which includes a tensioner and many recommend doing the water pump at the same time.

60k miles or 4 years is current UK recommendation. Lots of debate on the forums about pros and cons of this.

£ 400 to replace is cheaper than a new engine.

I've worked for vw who say 60k or 4yrs.......also worked at skoda and they say 60k or 4yrs now work at Audi and they say 75k or 5yrs??? Never understood why it's all different intervals when it's the same engines across the vag brand!?

When I went on a course I asked this question and they say the vag uk can't guarantee the belts over 5yrs.......but vag Germany say that the 2.0 tdi interval is 140k or 6yrs!!

I always change my belts or recommend belts being done every 4yrs or 60k

Long way round it I know sorry! ;-)

I'd change the ribbed belt as it's done the same mileage as the belt! Also recommend the water pump being done as it's they and will save the labour if it was to fail!