Wheel fitment

I have some porsche twists awaiting to go onto my Fabia, I am ready to order my wheel adaptors/spacers.

8.5j rear et50

7j front et55

Can anyone tell me what size spacers I will need please, would like the wheels just nice and tight in the arches, but want any rubbing.

Cheers folks.

usually with the twists, members who have fitted these before tend to get all four wheels from the same axle. So 4x rears or 4x fronts so that all four are the same width,  then buy adapters to suit. 8.5J is very wide especially when spacers/adapters are added into the equation. Having all four the same width also helps with choosing the correct tyres that are not going to rub.

Cheers Joe, 25mm at the back even tho they are 8.5j, and that won't rub? Well I also think the poking out of the arches look is awesome... But I reckon mot will rape me for it

Its not all down to width. . Et is important too. . And porsches have high et's so use bigger spacers to bring the wheels back to what they should be. . .

Change your wheels for mot? Or if not your allowed an inch of poke on the wheel lip but the tread must be inside the arch.

Your gonna need to run some stretch on the tire to avoid fouling problems.

hth

Yer 25mm spacers on the rear will make them et25, I have and I'm pretty sure burks has 8.5 rears with around et15 at the moment so 10mm more poke. I run 195s now but used to run 205s on them. I think you could get away with 205/40/17s on the rear but 195s will be needed on the front.

Yer 25mm spacers on the rear will make them et25, I have and I'm pretty sure burks has 8.5 rears with around et15 at the moment so 10mm more poke. I run 195s now but used to run 205s on them. I think you could get away with 205/40/17s on the rear but 195s will be needed on the front.

My rears are 8.5j et15 but I had a 2.5mm shim on aswell so et12.5 with a 195/50/17 tire

Which is alot of poke. .

With 8.5j et25 youll most likely get away with a 205tire.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help!

Best place to get some wheel adaptors?

That would depend on how much you want to spend. 

I've previously used H&R Ally with steel pressed thread. FK's fully Ally and currently my G23 which are fully Ally and by far the best made.