Forging a BWA engine

Hi all, I'm currently looking at upgrading my turbo to a bbt k03s hybrid or a k04 possibly a hybrid. From what I've read 350-360 bhp on a k04 is possible but above that the engine will need forged, new pistons and con rods. Has anyone forged the BWA engine ? What costs are involved as I've heard the head is a pig and labour intensive so garage costs will snowball ! I'm thinking k04 hybrid for around 400 bhp but need to do more research on costs etc. answers on a postcard .... Cheers Davey

I guess you will have more luck on GTI forums. I doubt any forum member has done more than a turbo upgrade and a remap.

As far as rumors go, con rods seem to be the weak link as pistons are forged from the factory form and hold up to over 400 BHP. However this may not apply to all 2.0 TFSI engines.

Then again, 350-360, let alone 400, horsepower through one front wheel is a bit much.

I guess you will have more luck on GTI forums. I doubt any forum member has done more than a turbo upgrade and a remap.

As far as rumors go, con rods seem to be the weak link as pistons are forged from the factory form and hold up to over 400 BHP. However this may not apply to all 2.0 TFSI engines.

Then again, 350-360, let alone 400, horsepower through one front wheel is a bit much.

I know this has been done on 1.8t engine in 4x4 octavia - I think jabbasport have experience?

• 1 month later...

I'm going to be doing this myself soon, as I've a K04 on the way, but will be going for a GT30 next.

It's not too difficult a job tbh if you take your time. I have to finish installing this beast in my other car (MR2 Turbo) first though:

2014-01-16%2016.25.03.jpg

There is a silver mk2 vrs running 400+ that's been mentioned recently on the briskoda fb page (Simon Mayo) is the owner. Not sure if he's on here but may be worth a msg on there if your on it.

• 1 month later...