Just picked up my new car....

Have now owned my first Skoda for almost a week and have to say, I couldn't be happier!

The service I received from Beadles in Maidstone was first class and I would definitely recommend - I will leave a post in the dealer section to support this.

Car has been brilliant so far, and I look forward to driving it each day. Am slowly getting used to not having sports suspension in a car for the first time, but it does make motorway driving a much more pleasureable experience!

The only thing I have yet to work out is how to get the nearside mirror to drop when in reverse gear, I just can't get it to work!

Looking forward to giving it a proper clean this weekend - sunshine please!! :think:

post-114973-0-13400800-1395944883_thumb.jpgpost-114973-0-40199100-1395944884_thumb.jpgpost-114973-0-62732400-1395944885_thumb.jpgpost-114973-0-83633600-1395944886_thumb.jpg

Lovely looking car. If your following the manual to sort the dipping mirror, note that it might be for a LHD car and tells you to put the mirror switch in R. For a RHD car you would actually pop it into L.

Very nice.

I get mine tomorrow, MY12 Black elegance combi 170 dsg :)

Been reading this forum trying to learn stuff.

From what I gather, when you store the seat memory, put it in reverse and set the mirrors to store that too

Glad your enjoying it

Regards

Damo

Thanks Coops - the windows were normal when I viewed the car but arranged for them to be done by the dealer before picking it up. Went for a slightly darker tint than the standard Skoda fit, more akin to the Audi shade. Looks fantastic in my opinion! :happy:

Hi,

Not sure whether or not you have resolved your problem with dipping wing mirrors but if not I can advise what I have done.

I have a 61 reg Superb Hatch DSG with the Elegance spec. My car has 3 electric settings for seats and wing mirrors so I use number 1 for my normal settings, number 2 for my wife and number 3 for reversing. The process is to adjust the electronic seat setting if different for reversing and then set wing mirrors into the desired dipped setting. Now press setting 3 on the side of seat and then hold the set button until you hear a ping to show the setting has been made. Now test the setting by pressing button 1 for normal setting and then button 3 for reverse.

I hope this information is helpful for you.

Regards

• Like 1

Hi sussexvet,

Thanks for your idea.

I 'think' the dropping mirror is working in my car now, but I'm not sure how! I haven't tried anything different (that I know of!) but it is now dropping down when I select reverse.

I'm going to just keep quiet and hope it continues, otherwise your idea is a very good one! Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi,

Not sure whether or not you have resolved your problem with dipping wing mirrors but if not I can advise what I have done.

I have a 61 reg Superb Hatch DSG with the Elegance spec. My car has 3 electric settings for seats and wing mirrors so I use number 1 for my normal settings, number 2 for my wife and number 3 for reversing. The process is to adjust the electronic seat setting if different for reversing and then set wing mirrors into the desired dipped setting. Now press setting 3 on the side of seat and then hold the set button until you hear a ping to show the setting has been made. Now test the setting by pressing button 1 for normal setting and then button 3 for reverse.

I hope this information is helpful for you.

Regards

That's a clever idea actually!

• Like 1

Hi Sondy I am sure you have done correct procedure. Ignition on, mirror selector on right door set to L, seat positions where you want them, choose seat memory number and set it, select reverse gear alter the position of the mirror to where you want to be when reversing, take out of gear and should now work. Note, when you have used this function the mirror may stay in the down potion until you have driven forward up to mabe 10 mph then it returns to normal position. You set your key fob to remember these settings and if someone else drives your car they can set their settings in the other key fob. Smart hey!