New car, new mods.

Hi everyone, thanks to this forum I have just bought a black vrs, last Friday. Great little car, but already have it booked in at shark performance this Friday. Gonna have a new cambelt fitted, and a full service. All filters and fluids. Gearbox oil, rear arb, powerflex wishbone bushes, egr delete and remap. Oh and uprated top boost pipe. I must be mad, but I figure that I will do all of this at some point, so might as well do it now and enjoy it. Any suggestions for the above mods, much appreciated.

Dan.

Almost forgot hel brake lines too.

Edited by kentdan
  • Like 1

It's going to be like a new car! Very nice.

Personally I think after that lot you should prepare to uprate the brakes, 312mm octy vrs ones. maybe a decat to add a little whistle to the sound. And then coilovers or perhaps a nice shock and spring combo. I'm getting a bit bored of stiff coilovers. Part of me wishes i'd opted for a nice shock and spring setup. 

Thanks mate. Getting the hel brake lines, and will definitely upgrade the brakes once they have worn out. Not sure on the decat, does it help turbo? Bilstein B12 kit will be on in a couple of months time. Had it on my M3 and 5 series. Best day to day setup by far.

Am based in Gravesend. Have heard good things about the KW kits, but this is just going to be a fun daily car. Have a dedicated weekend car which should be finished this year, which is very hardcore.

Good to see somebody doing it properly. Most have to made do with budgets which restrict the top shelf goodies. 

As for decat there is mixed opinion. I'd say definitely simply as it lets you hear the turbo better which is nice*. Some say it aids the turbo spool time I'd say its more the sound that gives you that feeling.

Plus i'm sure ive read the as the turbo is variable vein it cannot 'spool quicker'. Decat is a nice mod though and I have a piper one coupled to a standard catback system. 

• Like 1

I'm the opposite end of Kent. Otherwise I'd take you for a spin in my car

I'm in Maidstone. Would offer to take you for a spin in my car but it's slow, green, an estate, embarrassing, uncool, etc.

• Like 1