Time to go

After a fair bit of humming & hawwing I have decided to replace the Octavia Estate.

Purchased new in Sep12 after leasing two for previous 6 and a bit years (L&K diesel, then Elegance tsi)

The SE+ tsi has had a few niggles which were never experienced with the leased models.

These included -

sat nav was out of date despite car being new and skoda & dealer still unable to resolve.

wind noise coming in through front grill resulted in 2 trips to dealer to fix

Car was 13 months old when someone hit me side on - despite being repaired I kinda lost a bit of faith and confidence in the car, especially when a bit of paint came off new door and SWMBO complained of wind noise when sat in back.

Final straw was a fault with the (already obsolete) sat nav - displaying that I was stranded somewhere in darkest Lanarkshire. Ironically it seems to have rectified itself while in getting a scratch painted (suspect the power wash might have reset the antennae   :rofl: )

I now understand those who speak of a friday afternoon or monday morning motor...

Anyways, ordered a VW Tiguan which will hopefully arrive at end of May, early June.

Edited by buddiedave

Anyways, ordered a VW Tiguan which will hopefully arrive at end of May, early June.

Welcome to the club!

As you're getting a Tiguan you'll find that it isn't obligatory to think up a name for your car though - unlike when purchasing the Skoda equivalent. ;-)

Hopefully it will be a lot less of a problem than your present car.