Skoda Rapid 1.2tsi hot smell

Hi all,

Has anybody else noticed a hot, almost burning smell after a moderate (100km) journey in their Rapid?

Mine has just reached 2500km, so I have only been recently been pushing the engine a bit harder, but still rarely reaching 3000rpm.

I use the brakes sparingly, never ride the clutch and always let the turbo cool for around half a minute before switching off so I am at a loss as to what it could be. I thought any coatings from the factory would have burned off by now  :think:

Cheers

picking up a smel is kinda subjective.

when u smell this again, pop the hood and take a look.

if you dont see anything weird, take it to the dealer for a look.

all cars, turbo and n/a, kinda smell hot after use. but whether each smell is normal or not, is hard to tell from distance.

check you oil and coolant temp from the display

All turbo charged engines become hotter than diesels for instance. Since it's his first turbo car i'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about.