2 to 3 weeks around the East Coast of USA. Where to go?

Hi guys, in a very similar vein to my last post re my last trip to the West Coast of the US, im after recommendations of where to go and what to see on the East Coast now as I'll be heading there for a road trip

Basic premise; 

Arrive in Connecticut to meet up with my mate who now lives there. 

Jump in his car (Ford Edge AWD) for a two week road trip.

Head to somewhere new each day that looks priddy and has good food. (We have no problem driving 4-6 hours a day and Im already looking at the Man v's Food locations around the area!). :happy:

Thats it. Im a simple fella at heart  :rofl:

So, any things to stick on the trip list?

I have a few ideas about heading along the coast from Boston, along through New Hampshire and Maine, possibly into Canada to see Niagara Falls (supposed far nicer from the Canadian side) and then back down but staying more in land? I really fancy visiting the Upper Peninsula in Michigan but that will take us quite a way inland... After that two weeks I'll then be spending some time with him and seeing New York, so again, any recommendations there will be greatfully received. :)

So, any things to stick on the trip list?

The real big shame is that Im guessing I'll just miss the Fall colours as I wont be arriving until 18th October but all ideas welcome. :)

• 3 weeks later...

You might still catch some of the autumn colours as it does vary from year to year. We did New England in the fall in the first two weeks in October. Head up into the white mountains of New Hampshire and the green mountains of Vermont for some amazing colours. You only have to drive over the bridge at Niagara to see the views from the Canadian side.

• Like 1

Some photos of New England:

P1000136a_zps86a01aa1.jpg?t=1398589733

New Hampshire

P1000291_zpsc67c519e.jpg?t=1398589752New England

P1000188_zpsd9ca77ef.jpg?t=1398589758

Vermont

P1000272b_zpsccd6b732.jpgView of Niagara from the hotel room (Marriott Canadian side)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...