returning to Skoda, oh dear

ALGX

Hi Skoda owners

I have recently purchased a Fabia having previously owned a Felicia.  The Felicia never let me down once in five years which is what made me buy another Skoda.

The Fabia was purchased from a Skoda dealer and has been nothing but trouble since leaving the forecourt.  It had 30k on the clock when purchased and now has 34k.  In 4k it has had the following problems:

Rough idling= faulty throttle sensor

Strange pinking sound developed dealer unable to identify whilst in warranty but now out of warranty claims it is a ECU fault?

Brakes seized after parking for a few days at an airport car park= stuck in the early hours of the morning with two young children, had to call out rescue service.  requires new rear brake cylinder even though it was supposed to have been dealt with at the last service at 27k at a cost of £60

Flashing coil light/engine management light P0407 fault= new EGR valve required according to the dealer garage cost all in £600.

The car is now in limp mode as it has been for two weeks which is very dangerous to drive in especially if you have to use dual carriageways as we do.

This is the worst car I have ever owned and the most expensive. I think Skoda have major problems with this model having read these forums.  It will take a huge amount of goodwill from Skoda customer services to restore my faith in this vehicle. 

Oh dear indeed.... :(

Don't tar all Skoda's with that brush though

Unfortunately you got a bad one, but thats the same with all car makes

Hope you get it sorted fella

Regards

Damo

Hi ALGX and welcome to Briskoda.  Hope Skoda Customer Services get you sorted.  I would think you have a good case since you reported the problems within the warranty period.  Please come back and let us know the outcome.