5 speed to 6 speed gearbox swap

Hi, Has anybody done the 5 speed to 6 speed box swap?

My diff bearing in my 5speed has finally started to grind. as i've also reached the limits of this box, won't quite stretch to 150mph i decided to go for a long ratio 6 speed. with the intention of dropping a quaife in before fitting it all up.

Now i know i need the vrs driveshafts, gear linkage etc (and starter motor). Im pretty convinced the mounts are going to be the same, as ive already uprated my mounts with vibratechnics for a vrs. but searching forums and posts and all the depths of the internets ive seen mention of the subframe being different, and some sort of plate as well? is this people getting confused and speaking of removing the subframe, and the driveshaft cup in order to make removal easier?

Finally ive only recently fitted my 6th clutch, a sachs sre paddle, ive heard of people running these in the vrs too, any ideas if i can do something to keep my current clutch n fly setup?

honestly been searching google, google google and the forums and cant find much at all, and dont fancy dropping my box and finding ive not got all the bits to bolt the new one in.

Thanks in advance.

yerp did read that one a while back ta, was hoping to have it confirmed maybe?

my google skills arent that shocking haha. and any thoughts on clutch, the more i compare listings from darkside and other places im thinking i need a whole new set up. balls, may well put up with the wearing bearing for tadge longer.

• 4 weeks later...