Upgrading from Swing to Bolero or sat-nav

My 2011 Superb has a Swing stereo from the factory. If I'll buy a used headunit (Bolero or sat-nav) from a totalled car, does it need some kind of a coding?

I changed from Swing to Columbus within a couple of weeks of buying my car. I bought a nearly new Columbus off the internet and had it fitted at the local Skoda garage at very reasonable cost. I had read on here that coding is not always needed but whether they did or not I cannot say. For me it was worth the cost to have it correctly installed at the Skoda garage.

In my opinion it's very worthwhile swap and works fine even though its loaded with W Europe and I'm using a DVD when in E Europe. Don't forget, if you do fit a Columbus you will need to buy a new surround to make it fit.    

http://www.skodaparts.com/product/superb-satnav-sorround-2008-2012-49990

Edited by anglaslt