Retrofitting Dash cup holder Golf MK4 1J0 858 601 into Fabia

Anyone got any thought on how this could be done?

Here's what it looks like - must be DIN width

post-74528-0-57530600-1398879557_thumb.jpgpost-74528-0-08740300-1398879570_thumb.jpg

Unlike the Polo twin ones, these will not be at an angle when in use..........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-Cup-Holder-Coin-Tray-Universal-EK-VTI-VTEC-TYPE-R-JDM-Single-DIN-EF-/231212250772?pt=UK_Car_Interior_Accessories&hash=item35d552f694

i was going to put one of these in instead of the cubby, with a single din stereo, bought the thing and ended up putting in a double din stereo

Pete

(pm me if you want some actual pics)

Surely if the Polo one goes in this one would somehow. I PM'd a guy who reckons (in an old thread) the the Golf Mk 4 on does but didn't say how.

The one next to the radio is the best, it just costs the most!

I think the one by the side of the radio is one of the worst cup holder I've ever use in any car, to the point where i don't ever use mine, i use the cup holder in-between the seats, its more secure.  There's no adjustability in the dash holder, it doesn't hold a large car of red bull very well because the holder isn't very deep for example.  It's ok if it's holding a standard 330ml can of coke for example but thats about it for usefulness.  The Polo's is much better, as is the Golf's and Passat's.

Not had any luck so far with fitting it. Anyone got any bright ideas?? :think:

How is it meant to be secured? I'd guess a clip at either end... And held between what's above and below it. Would it fit above a standard DIN head unit or is it too thick? If the latter, only way for it to be used would be to ditch the oddments tray/shelf IMO.... Or at the least to trim it down/modify it.

Hi Vindaloo - I removed the elegance drawer and the headunit and was hoping there would be the right sized cutouts somewhere in the inner housing. Sadly no - which means cutting the right sized notches out. It will still leave a half din sized gap which will require some thought. The half din cubby hole I ordered isn't wide enough for the slot so not sure what to do yet although I have an idea! I may go back to the polo ones yet. Just depends on how how creative I'm feeling and if I get any ideas off anyone.

Chip