VRS 2015 spec update already?

Giving what standard cruise control would have cost Skoda to fit as standard in their flagship model, I found it a bit ridiculous when I discovered it wasn't as standard on ordering mine, so paid for it.

Would be a bit turd if they dropped the parking sensors, first car I've had with them and it's a feature I like.

Park assist is the self-park system. I assume sensors are still available.

Park assist is the only way of getting front sensors though isn't it?

Giving what standard cruise control would have cost Skoda to fit as standard in their flagship model, I found it a bit ridiculous when I discovered it wasn't as standard on ordering mine, so paid for it.

Would be a bit turd if they dropped the parking sensors, first car I've had with them and it's a feature I like.

The Elegance is the top spec Octavia, the vRS is based on the SE, hence it's lower spec.

worryingly Park assist is no longer listed, which I ordered on Tuesday on my VRS. 

I wouldn't read much into that - as I found out a few weeks ago, the configurator seems to drop options at various times... when I looked, the Columbus sat nav wasn't on there, and that was a couple of weeks after I'd ordered it on mine which panicked me a little.

worryingly Park assist is no longer listed

Park assist is still an option - under 'Safety, Security & Technology' and listed as 'Intelligent Park Assist'.

As CJSVRS above states, front sensors are now available as a stand-alone option (rather than being only available as part of the intelligent park assist package).

That along with the addition of cruise as a standard feature is at least bringing the car closer to what it should have been as a 'flagship' model in the first place. The lack of folding mirrors (certainly for the UK market) on the vRS is still an issue as far as I'm concerned as this is standard on every other car at this price-point (and considerably less in most cases) that I've come across.  

Edited by Nookiebear

The lack of folding mirrors (certainly for the UK market) on the vRS is still an issue as far as I'm concerned as this is standard on every other car at this price-point (and considerably less in most cases) that I've come across.  

Agreed - would love to have had them :-(

Don't agree that they're standard on every other car at this price point though - I'd say they're usually options on most cars... they only seem to be standard on things like Nissans etc. at this price point, but that's because they don't really have options lists...

• Like 1

Agreed - would love to have had them :-(

Don't agree that they're standard on every other car at this price point though - I'd say they're usually options on most cars... they only seem to be standard on things like Nissans etc. at this price point, but that's because they don't really have options lists...

You are correct…. and totally agree that I should have said that they're at least options. 

Park assist is still an option - under 'Safety, Security & Technology' and listed as 'Intelligent Park Assist'.

As CJSVRS above states, front sensors are now available as a stand-alone option (rather than being only available as part of the intelligent park assist package).

That along with the addition of cruise as a standard feature is at least bringing the car closer to what it should have been as a 'flagship' model in the first place. The lack of folding mirrors (certainly for the UK market) on the vRS is still an issue as far as I'm concerned as this is standard on every other car at this price-point (and considerably less in most cases) that I've come across.  

Yes just spotted it price up to £575 from £450, cant find the black design pack which I also specced

My order went in Tuesday at the old prices, looks like I played a good ball there

My dealer confirmed my car locked at old price but will get 2015 car, lucky timing there, the base price seems to be getting quite high now