No fader in my stock headunit

I own a 1.2 fabia reaction. Recently took my rear doors off to install my rear speakers, not knowing there wasn't any. I had a feel around for a wire yet couldn't find one. Thinking about it I realised I had no fader on my head unit. Is this easily resolved or do I need a new head unit ? All help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

All depends on the HU. The lower end Dance unit is only 2 channel I believe; the Swing is 4 channel typically but can be coded as a 2 channel unit.

If you have a Swing expect with some work you could wire in and code it as a four channel system; your loom certainly will not have OEM 4 channel wiring though so will be a bit of a job. If you have a Dance you'll need a new HU I expect.

• Like 1

I also have the Dance headunit. Even though my car did not have rear speakers, the unit itself did have 4 channels, and the fader function obviously. I actually added wiring myself to the car's original loom for 2 rear channels, they just go all the way back to the boot to give signal to my subwoofer.

No coding required and no need to buy a new headunit.

'Dance' head unit (pre face lift) has 4 channels, but on the basic spec 'S' or '1' trim they didn't fit rear speakers. All The 'Dance' headunits are the same. Unfortunately Skoda also omitted the speaker wiring to the rear doors.

The 'Swing' head unit (face lift fabia/later models) is 4 channels. Have you actually connected the speakers and had a look at the menu's on the hu...

'Dance' head unit (pre face lift) has 4 channels, but on the basic spec 'S' or '1' trim they didn't fit rear speakers. All The 'Dance' headunits are the same. Unfortunately Skoda also omitted the speaker wiring to the rear doors.

The 'Swing' head unit (face lift fabia/later models) is 4 channels. Have you actually connected the speakers and had a look at the menu's on the hu...

I haven't installed the rear speakers as I could not find any wires and didn't have enough speaker cable my self. I am planning taking my HU out on Monday to see if I have 4 channels or not.

I haven't installed the rear speakers as I could not find any wires and didn't have enough speaker cable my self. I am planning taking my HU out on Monday to see if I have 4 channels or not.

Have you got the radio code as sometimes not all the time when you put the headunit back in you need the code 

Have you got the radio code as sometimes not all the time when you put the headunit back in you need the code

Not sure if I have the code pretty sure I will though I will have a look before I remove the unit, thank you

So I have removed my HU and found out that I have a swing head unit but there is no wiring for the rear two speakers. Still can't understand why I don't have a fader on my settings.

Can anyone recommend a good place to get my rear speakers wired or am I better off taking it into skoda ?

Also any recommendations on good head units Amps and tweeters ( as I have just blown my drivers side tweeter) would be greatly appreciated

Why do you want rear speakers?

Your not missing out on much, they arent much good in the back oft he fabia anyway.

I plan to spend some money upgrading the fronts soon, but i wont be touching the back speakers at all, as its usually just me in the car, so id be better off without them really.

• Like 1

^

That is a good point. Unless you have people sitting in the back regularly, you won't really notice much difference from the driver's seat.

Having rear speakers gives a wider, more balanced sound.

It may not be much if it's just you in the car but I would always have front and rear speakers fitted if available.

I wouldn't go to the trouble of running cables or changing the head unit but if the harness was there then I would fit them like I did in a Clio my wife had once, so much better with the rears working as well.

I prefer a 2ch stereo set up anyway. Find it much better for music.

Mums polo only has them in the front, and it is admittedly abit of a pain if your in the back.

If i had people in the back on a regular basis, id upgrade every speaker in the car.

I used to have a Kenwood headunit in an old BMW with 4 channels. After a couple of hours of loud music on long trips, the headunit would overheat for some reason and start deforming the sound. At some point I realised that if I cut off the rear speakers (using the fader), it wouldn't overheat any more. I guess 2 channels running instead of 4 means half the load.

Well, I only used the front speakers after that, and honestly, I never missed the rear speakers one bit. At least in that car (with surprisingly decent factory speakers actually), I couldn't tell a difference from the driver's seat.