Sinclair skoda Llanelli ___heated mirrors PT 2

After being told it could be my main ecu that was preventing my heated mirrors from working. And had the door unit replaced and new mirrors tried out......and still no heated mirrors

I posted on this site my problems and Adam came to me rescue.....read on..

I went back to the skoda dealer above armed with a set of vcds print out thanks to fellow member on here ''Adam'''' and with my new replacement mirrors on and working.....

I asked to see the technician that worked on my car...I was asked why so I explained that I had managed to get my mirrors working at a cost of £25.00 (blue tinted replacements)) and that there was power at the heated elements now all the codes had been cleared by Adam.

Even though I was told that ALL errors codes had been cleared they clearly had not been. So with the head mechanic there and they guy who worked on my car I asked him if he had cleared all the codes...at first he said yes of course....oh I said..so what are these then? ..... after a few stutters he admitted he had not cleared them all....I said shame if u had then you would have cleared the fault and found the power would be at the mirrors and they would have worked...I got an apology and a thanks for letting them know.

So another big thanks to Adam.... and I will buy a vcds now my self as we have two cars so it may get some use.

Clearly Briskodians know more that the mechanics, or they were trying to lead you down the path of a new ECU for over a grand, barstuards!

Would your saviour be Adamal by any chance?

Edited by billywhiz040480

Hi Clinton

I guess you're not in High Wycombe any more, as per your 'tag'?

I've just moved near to Carmarthen, so I now know to avoid Llanelli Skoda! 

Is there someone you can recommend or have had a better experience with for Skoda servicing?  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi skodscarman

Yes I am still in high Wycombe..I visit my other half down in south Wales every other week. Sorry not found anyone else yet. Am still looking

• Like 2

I work in Llanelli and didn't even know there was a Skoda dealer there. After going to Sinclairs in Swansea when I was looking to purchase my vRS I swore I would never go into another Sinclair dealership.

I'd ratger drive the 45 mins ti Capitol in Newport, much better service even if it is a bit out of my way.

• Like 1