taking roomy to france light set up?

hi guys,

taking my roomster to france for le mans this year, do any of you know if there is a way to adjust the headlamps for driving on the other (wrong) side of the road. or do i have to apply hideous reflector strips, i have projector headlamps.

cheers

ruairidh

Tried to find this info last year and had no luck. Hope you are successful. Projector headlights are unlikely to dazzle anyone though. I resorted to a couple of  circles of black PVC tape instead of the silver ones Halfords sell for around £10.  

Don't worry too much about having a Breathalyser either, the law exists but is not being enforced.

Edited by bryanb

Remove the rubber cover on the rear of the headlight in the engine bay, BE CAREFUL they're a pain to retrieve if you drop them!!

Reach inside the rear of the housing and you'll feel the back of the bulb holder and associated wiring harness.

To one side you'll feel a small lever which once moved will flatten the beam pattern so as not to dazzle oncoming traffic on the continent.

My advice will be park facing a wall so that you can observe how the light pattern changes when operating the lever. It is in the correct position for overseas driving when you can see the beam pattern on the nearside from 10 o'clock to 12 o'clock being noticeably 'chopped off' when moving the lever.

Hope that makes sense and indeed helps. Oh, and don't forget to replace the rubber cover and change lights back when returning to Blighty.

Remove the rubber cover on the rear of the headlight in the engine bay, BE CAREFUL they're a pain to retrieve if you drop them!!

Reach inside the rear of the housing and you'll feel the back of the bulb holder and associated wiring harness.

To one side you'll feel a small lever which once moved will flatten the beam pattern so as not to dazzle oncoming traffic on the continent.

My advice will be park facing a wall so that you can observe how the light pattern changes when operating the lever. It is in the correct position for overseas driving when you can see the beam pattern on the nearside from 10 o'clock to 12 o'clock being noticeably 'chopped off' when moving the lever.

Hope that makes sense and indeed helps. Oh, and don't forget to replace the rubber cover and change lights back when returning to Blighty.

Genius. I wish I was aware of that on my trip to France last week. Though the reflector strips (of which only the circle bit is needed) that I used were ordered from Amazon at around £3. Much less than Halfords.

Genius. I wish I was aware of that on my trip to France last week. Though the reflector strips (of which only the circle bit is needed) that I used were ordered from Amazon at around £3. Much less than Halfords.

I only became aware of it after purchasing the OEM headlight protectors and affixing deflectors to those. I must then have disturbed said switch changing bulbs and consequently failed an MOT for (to quote Kwik Fit) 'having European headlights fitted' :rofl:

• Like 1

I only became aware of it after purchasing the OEM headlight protectors and affixing deflectors to those. I must then have disturbed said switch changing bulbs and consequently failed an MOT for (to quote Kwik Fit) 'having European headlights fitted' :rofl:

I leave my Octavia lights in European mode all the time and even passed an MOT with them like that.

Phil