Out with the old in with the new.

Well our old vrs had just turned 3yr old and despite having a few problems with during the time period we where still happy with the car and i was struggling to find a suitable replacement that gave the same bang for your buck. So after a few phone calls a deal was done on a brand new one from lightcliffe in warrington.

Spec.....

Rallye green black roof and wheels

parking sensors

cruise control

bluetooth

Anyway enough rambling heres a few pics i quickly took on my phone.

015_zps7a377eb6.jpg

016_zps183f9509.jpg

017_zps574bc2d9.jpg

018_zpsd6b4a903.jpg

If anyone wants to buy my old beast its up for sale at lightcliffe for £10.495 lol

• Like 2

Would you really recommend it to anyone, with the DSG playing up,

or was that resolved?

In all honesty yes I would recommend it to anyone. Regarding the issues I experienced recently they seemed to resolved their self so I don't really know what went on there.

Congrats on the purchase! Much prefer the look of the new one.

£10495 for the old one seems abit steep though!

Yeah that's what I thought considering they gave me £8100 trade in. The new green beast certainly gets more attention/ comments

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I thought considering they gave me £8100 trade in. The new green beast certainly gets more attention/ comments

Yep seems like they are being a tad optimistic there. Oh well suppose they've got to give it a whirl and hope they get a bite at that price!

congrats, just what me and furby tom did! you wont be dissapointed! :) look forward to hearing how different you find the CTHE ;) throttle mapping is different too, so you will find the DSG behaves differently! all good in my opinion!

• Like 2

Yep seems like they are being a tad optimistic there. Oh well suppose they've got to give it a whirl and hope they get a bite at that price!

I paid a little over £10,000 for my fabia vrs, 60 plate, hardly any options etc with 14,600 on the clock. mainly because im up in aberdeen and IMO there was no others up here worth a look at. apart from new, which i didnt want. :( ////couldnt afford haha

Edited by matthewl

congrats, just what me and furby tom did! you wont be dissapointed! :) look forward to hearing how different you find the CTHE ;) throttle mapping is different too, so you will find the DSG behaves differently! all good in my opinion!

Tbh I'm loving the car a lot more than I thought I would everything seems really tight at the moment so I'm hoping once I've put some miles in the car will free up and become a bit more lively when I press the loud pedal. The only thing I don't like is when I'm pressing on round twisty roads there seems to be a lot more body roll compared to my old one which seems odd.

Tbh I'm loving the car a lot more than I thought I would everything seems really tight at the moment so I'm hoping once I've put some miles in the car will free up and become a bit more lively when I press the loud pedal. The only thing I don't like is when I'm pressing on round twisty roads there seems to be a lot more body roll compared to my old one which seems odd.

Mines just gone past 1600miles on the clock. First 1000 were vey tight but it's loosening up a treat now and getting abit quicker!

• Like 1

Mines just gone past 1600miles on the clock. First 1000 were vey tight but it's loosening up a treat now and getting abit quicker!

Sounds good. I'm seriously thinking about getting some eibachs as the ride height is really annoying me lol