Anyone else BW20?

Just heard mine's being built next week - assuming 4 weeks from factory to collection, that means my original date given of 12th June will be about right.

It's not a vRS before anyone gets jealous.  It was ordered beginning of February though..

It'll soon be bye bye Race Blue Skoda Estate with a 1.4TSI and DSG and hello.....Race Blue Skoda Estate with a 1.4TSI and DSG...

Me and Fewie from the December orders club.  Although since my dealer said I was confirmed 3 weeks ago I'm suspicious he lies. I'll check in with him tomorrow.... And get angry if the story has changed.

Hello! Yes me too.

White vRS TDi hatchback

Black Pack

Winter Pack

Canton sound system

Colour maxi

Spare wheel

Sunset glass

Simply clever pack

Or at least I think that's what I ordered, its so bloody long ago!

Hoping my proximity to the import centre at Grimsby plays into my hands with a quick delivery.

Yep just confirmed with the dealer, my red vrs tsi manual hatch is being built next week. Yay.

Looking at mid to late June collection they reckon....I'm hoping its a bit earlier as I sold my old Mondeo last Friday (yay!) And the Hyundai i30 my parents have loaned me....while better than no car at all it does feel a step backwards even from an 11.5 year old ford!

So bw20....wonder if any my2015 bits will start to filter in as parts bins get stocked....tbh badge changes etc really dont excite me, but I'd smile a big smile if it got cruise control fitted....can't see them running out of 'normal' stalks though as it goes on other models.

Oops, forgot cruise on my spec list so I've already paid for that. Fr reasons I can't really explain I really really really want a flat bottomed steering wheel.

If they haven't filtered through yet I'll look into retrofit or possibly a wheel swap with a model year 15 owner who'd prefer a round one!

Oops, forgot cruise on my spec list so I've already paid for that. Fr reasons I can't really explain I really really really want a flat bottomed steering wheel.

If they haven't filtered through yet I'll look into retrofit or possibly a wheel swap with a model year 15 owner who'd prefer a round one!

You have thighs like Chris Hoy?

• Like 2

Also been confirmed as week 20. Red tdi vrs hatch, with Sat nav, cruise control, heated full leather with red stitching, canton, colour maxidot, sunset glass, black pack and winter pack.

I'm also hoping for the flat bottom steering wheel.

Edited by Alex1980

Mine has been confirmed today as build week 21, dealer says this is the week before the 2014/15 swap over, so mlate June delivery! White vrs tdi combi

I've been given a provisional date of week beginning 12th May for building the thing but nothing definite.  My contact at the dealer doesn't seem to speak in build weeks but I assume 12th May means BW20 .  I guess if I don't get a confirmation by the end of today then it probably won't be BW20 after all.

Race Blue vRS TDi DSG hatchback
Black Pack
Cruise Control

Winter Pack
Colour maxi
Spare wheel

Edited by jonjc

Today see's the beginning of week 20. Let the building of our cars commence!

Yep I wonder what days our cars will be built, if only Škoda had an online tracking system to see where abouts our cars. :smirk: 

I've had a picture come to mind of a pallet full of parts and a paper label fitted to it with string.  A guy walls up and reads the label...'red vrs TSI manual for Neil N', turns and says 'OK lads, I've found it, this one next!' :rofl:

• Like 1

I've already been onto my dealer, I bet he's sick of me now.

He'll get an update Thursday as usual, nothing more, nothing less. If its built early in the week the status will change to reflect this, if later then it'll still only show as it does now.

Why can't Skoda pinch vw's live tracking. I could constantly refresh that rather than bugging my dealer!

It shouldn't be too much of a task to set up an online tracking system for customers. A simple search based on SLI number and /or customer name should do the job. If skoda is listening, I can do this (for free, if that helps).

What're peoples experience of Advisory BWs being confirmed. I'm down as Advisory BW 21, next week that is, and I'm wondering when it should be confirmed by. Anybody had experience of being this close to their BW and still not being confimed?

Build WK 21 cars should definitely be confirmed by now.

Build WK 22 cars are the first of model year 2015 and will have a few minor spec changes, if you car was gonna be wk22 or later your dealer should have discussed the changes with you already so I'd say its fairly certain you'll be week 21

Arghhh! Looks like it's off for a few weeks then. Thanks for the info, off to pester Rainworth now to see if they have any news that's not up on trackmyskoda yet.

Just had an email from my dealer saying:

"Your car should be built about now", whether this is gut feeling or an example of the inaccuracy of the Skoda tracking system he didn't elaborate, but I've allowed myself to get a tiny bit more excited anyway!

• Like 1

I got a message from the dealer to say that my VRS Race Blue TDI-DSG Hatch has been built and is now awaiting shipping.  So I was BW 20 after all :happy: .

I guess that means I'll be taking delivery some time in the next 2-3 weeks!  Nearly there.