VRs Leather Seats - Anbody got them, thoughts?

Hi.

Remember seeing a couple of launch images of a VRs with Leather Seats and they didn't look that good, the Leather looked a bit loose, not very well tailored if you like.

Has anybody got Leather trim? Thoughts, opinions, experiences, pics?

Many thanks.

I have full leather seats, just go for it! The leather/artificial leather seats looks a bit cheap in reality, i was so happy when I saw the difference. When i picked up the car there was an other car, more or less similar (same color, black pack, etc), but with leather/artificial leather seats. The difference was huge in my opinion, so at that time i felt, that i have made the right decision, when i went for full leather.

I have leather in my vRS. It has sagged a little bit on the drivers seat, however in my opinion having leather is a no brainer. It gives the car a classy ambience, plus with 2 young kids, the leather copes easily with spills etc.

• Like 1

I have them too with the red detailing.  They are quite loose covered in their style but fit well.  The leather is much softer than my previous BMW seats.  I'm quite sure they will crease fairly quickly but that is the price you pay for having them comfortable.  If they are drum tight and hard leather (Like BMW) they will not ever be comfortable.

As the man says with kids and a dog its a no brainer!  But that's just my opinion.

I've had my vRS since last Saturday and decided to go for leather principally as we didn't really like the non-leather material.

We're so glad we did, the leather is nice and soft and does give a feel of luxury to the cabin.

We also wanted the heated seats so a no brainer for us.

Cheers

Yep, that's the route I'm thinking of going but it appears quite costly.

I will have to play with the configurator again and see if I can lose a few items...engine, doors...

We also wanted the heated seats so a no brainer for us.

You don't have to have the leather to have the heated seats... but if you do have the leather, you do have to have the heated seats.

• Like 2

That was something I found quite frustrating when I configured my 'dream' vRS the other night, I really wanted the go faster folding mirrors with all the nice things they do but have to have the leather and electric options on the seats?

Hey oh, perhaps I'll take yet another look but the price is creeping ever upwards.

It's because the only option for the folding mirrors is for ones "with memory", so you've got to have the electric memory seats, and to do that you've got to have leather, and if you have leather you've got to have heated seats...

Why they can't have a folding mirrors "without memory" option is beyond me... you can get that on the Golf / A3 for about £100, and I would have gladly paid that.

A couple of pics from mine that might help the decision.

Personally I am pleased I went for the leather option, wasn't sure if it was just a frivolous option, but from seeing one similar to mine with cloth the other day, it just makes the interior a little more classy in my opinion.

post-113643-0-51008800-1399707521_thumb.jpg

post-113643-0-60956800-1399707523_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Markytop, they look very nice indeed, I like them with the silver grey trim.

Thank you for posting!

Could they get any more shades of grey in the interior.  :giggle: (Seats look good though)

Guess the designer had recently read a book and thought 50 was the optimum number.........

• Like 1