paint warrenty querie

I've got a high mileage SE, and i was just wondering in peoples experiences of the paint warranty?

I 'm not expecting anything would be done about stone chips to the front but along the bottom of the sills has come through very badly, would this be covered?

There are a couple of bits I've seen mentioned elsewhere like the rear corners where it meets the bumpers as well.

Has anyone any experience with Northampton skoda on this? Or got any advise to help make a claim?

I've got a high mileage SE, and i was just wondering in peoples experiences of the paint warranty?

I 'm not expecting anything would be done about stone chips to the front but along the bottom of the sills has come through very badly, would this be covered?

There are a couple of bits I've seen mentioned elsewhere like the rear corners where it meets the bumpers as well.

Has anyone any experience with Northampton skoda on this? Or got any advise to help make a claim?

My VRS has 120000 and I have just had both my sills, rear quarter panels and tailgate replaced and resprayed under the warranty, call your local Skoda dealer tell them it is regarding the paint warranty on your car, they should book you in for an appointment,they will  check the areas affected with a magnet then take photos. They will then submit the details to Skoda and usually within two weeks you will be told to book it in for the repair. I also got a brand new polo 1.4 to run till the car was repaired. Hope this helps mate. :rock:

how long is the cover for? and do you need to be the original owner? cheers :)

10 year anti corrosion warranty, check your motor for galvanised blisters too!!

Thanks johngt, sounds like there may be some hope! I'll give them a call - can't hurt to try anyway!

Keep us up to date on how u get on mate.

Technically the paint is only warranted for 3 years, the body work (or body of the car) are warranted for 10. The best and easiest thing to do is go to your nearest dealer/or skoda approved body shop and ask the question, as they will be able to tell you the exact specifications of what is or isn't covered in your case. Generally they will make a percentage contribution towards the repair if it is covered, very rarely will they cover the whole repair.

Good luck!

ilmor

Ahh mines older than 10 years, only a tiny blister on the front wing, nothing to worry about yet! That's the trouble with living near the sea!