Painting, decorating etc

I'm looking to get a new house soon but its in need of some work. I'm just wondering what maybe considered reasonable in getting a 3 bed house wallpapered with lounge and dining room,hall way? (labour charges?) or what it'd cost to have certain rooms painted walls? how long would it take?

Also has anyone had any bathroom work done and know roundabout what it'd cost to have a new wash basis,toilet, shower cubicle fitted, flooring,tiling? All the old stuff would need to be removed including the bathtub.

never done this before so if anyones got any useful pointers as to what to expect that would be informatively helpful

thanks

Edited by newskoda

Probably looking at £100-150 a day plus materials and say 2-3 days depending on what needs doing for a large room lounge/dinner

At a guess........ I do all mine myself but labour charges are in that area

I hate painting but I'm too tight to pay anyone else to do it. £100-150 a day doesn't sound unreasonable as long they work.

My parents have had some decorators in over the years and some of them were lazy barstewards.

Get references.

Edited by Aspman

Amongst other things I do the odd bathroom from time to time.

About to give my own one a good once over actually but obviously 

doing the work myself and paying trade price for materials it would

cost me a lot less than it would cost you if you'd hired me.

A sensible ball park figure for ordinary spec new bathroom around 3k all in. 

Including suite, taps,  plumbing sundries, tiles and other related materials

plus labour and VAT. 

But if you go top quality with the suite, taps, tiles and other materials then you could 

get that up closer to the 10k mark.  

It all depends on spec at the end of the day. But for run of the mill I'd charge

about 2.5-3k to do the lot. 

Also depends on what sort of state the walls are in. Ours were awful and needed a lot of prep to clean them up. One room needed skimming/plastering.

Previous owners had paper lined the walls, then papered them, then painted over the paper. ******s.  :wall: