Octavia Rear Brakes Issue

Hi, hoping some of you wonderful experts might be able to assist me in diagnosing an issue.  My NSR brake disc was heating up mid last year, so I stripped it down to find the caliper was seized etc.  Bought a new caliper, pads and discs as I was needing discs anyway.  Seemed ok for a number of months, but noticed the disc has been heating up again. So I stripped down the brakes yesterday, wound the piston in, pressed the brakes to push it out, wound it in again.. etc for 2 or 3 times and it seems fine... however having just returned from work the OSR is only just warm, but the NSR is roasting again.  It also had an MOT advisory that the rear brakes were only just within the tolerance for brake balance.

Could this be to do with a pressure valve or be ABS related?  The piston seems free and as I say that caliper is less than a year old.

Any advice or thoughts would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dozerboy.

I'd say a strip down and clean of the caliper, piston and seals was in order.

It could just be rusty pad guides or furred up caliper seal recesses.

Not difficult to do.

I would look at the handbrake cable as they can seize up.

I had the same on my Mk1 Octavia a few weeks ago and a new pair of cables its now fine.

I had the same on my Mk1 Octavia a few weeks ago and a new pair of cables its now fine.

Thanks Ruffday, will have a look at the cable and see if it's sticking.

I'd say a strip down and clean of the caliper, piston and seals was in order.

It could just be rusty pad guides or furred up caliper seal recesses.

Not difficult to do.

Thanks Micmac, I did strip it down already and clean everything up and all seemed fine when I put it back together.

+1

Remove the rear ashtray and unhook the cable ends from the balance yoke. Go to the rear brakes and pull the handbrake cables a couple of inches so you can see the cable 'inners'. If they are rusty, the cables need to be replaced.