Overall mpg for a vrs?

What sort of overall mpg figure should I get in a vrs? So far I have seen an average of about 39 mpg with about 44 mpg on motorway driving and about 36 around town? I always use "D" mode on the gearbox and I was hoping for better figures. What do you guys get?

How old is the vRS mate? Your figures sound very good really. What kind of driving do you do? Ours does around 36mpg over a tankful. You aren't massively down on the claimed manufacturer figs so I'd be happy with that.

You are about where they are at on Super Unleaded.

25-45 MPG,  and up to 53 MPG plus with some 60 mph driving.

Location, Weather, Tyre type, Tyre Pressure & load carried dependent.

The 1.4 TSI twincharger is about the most effected by variety of conditions of any engine.

Once over 8,000 miles things seem to improve.

george

Just over a year, about 4,000 miles, mixed town, country and motorway driving. I pretty much stick to the posted limits except occasionally when overtaking people hogging the middle lane on the motorway.

Thanks George I shall look forward to reaching 8000 miles then.

Edited by SeaGoat

You still see improvement with higher mileage than that! I noticed a sizeable improvement after 20k miles.

Like George said, the 1.4tsi is very fickle with MPG, lots of variables will improve and hinder your MPG.

Headwinds are veryyyyyyyy bad!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

You still see improvement with higher mileage than that! I noticed a sizeable improvement after 20k miles.

Like George said, the 1.4tsi is very fickle with MPG, lots of variables will improve and hinder your MPG.

Headwinds are veryyyyyyyy bad!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Aye - I always remember a poster on the MKI forum describing the Fabia as having the aerodynamic qualities of a garden shed :D .

The last 3 fill ups on Tesco 99, I've averaged about 365 miles a tank. Can't complain with that :-). I've not done any long journeys since owning car (Jan this year). I imagine it would love some nice motorway miles!

In the last 3000 miles since I've had mine 35MPG is the best I've achieved for a tankful. Lowest was 24.5MPG. I do believe in making sure the pedal is against (but not actually pressing) the kickdown switch for as much time as possible though. Lowest instantaneous MPG that I've seen was 4.7.  If I'd wanted decent fuel consumption I'd have bought a greenline.

• Like 3

On the same 20 journey, best is 44mpg, worst is 13mpg. On a motorway run to NEC with 4 adults with an average weight of 13-1/2 stone each and journey time of 1-1/2 hours 38mpg, so I'm happy it can return me sensible mpg when I require, it depends on your driving, lift and coast for economy, foot hard down for fun, simples!

i get around 250-280 to a tank, driving around town in rush hour traffic, booting it at every set of traffic lights, then the occasional weekly drive around the backroads.

im happy with that.

I commute 55 miles a day with mixed driving and will average about 340 miles out of a tank.

When driving long distances to Germany I got 450 mile from a tank sitting about 75 MPH all the way and with very small amount of town driving apart from getting to the port.  ! traffic Jam for 30 minutes.

The car has 30k on it now and the average for the life (Avg MPG 2) is reading 35.8mpg

My next big test is in June when I will be driving fully loaded down 'A' Roads to Le Man  :-)