Air Con issue over longer distances

Hello all,

I have a problem with my air-con (it's the Climatronic system) - the vast majority of the time it works fine, but we've noticed that on longer trips, it seems to stop working after an hour or two, i.e. the cabin seems to get warm and stuffy.

I took it to Skoda to get it checked out, they couldn't find any diagnostic faults and the gas level was good - they suspected a "faulty air temp vent sensor", and it sounds like the only way to sort it out is to change the sensor and see what happens...

Does anybody know anything about this sensor, and does it sound like the culprit?!  How much is it likely to cost to replace?  I would like to get it fixed, but not if it's going to cost a fortune, I'll just open the window  :)

Thanks,

Richard.

If it is the sensors I think they mean they are in the two centre vent pipes, if you take the centre vents/storage box out this just prises up from the front, you can see them. They would be easy to change yourself with either new parts of from a scrap car (easy to get to) You could check the price and decide then.

John  

Thanks for that, I'll ask Skoda for a quote (I never thought to ask at the time how much it would cost, because I was having other things done), see what they come back with, if it's that easy and we're all talking about the same thing, it can't cost that much to change...!

Actually, I wonder. Do you run with the centre vents closed as a rule? You get the best results from Climatronic if you run with them all open and just aim them away from the occupants.

Actually, I wonder. Do you run with the centre vents closed as a rule? You get the best results from Climatronic if you run with them all open and just aim them away from the occupants.

I usually have everything open, as you describe.