estate retractable cargo cover

Hope you can help me with this,

My dad has a superb estate with the retractablen cargo cover (non electric) and one of the clips that slide along the runners has broken.

We have tried gluing it but that did not last. can you get these from anywhere (skoda parts, ebay) or is it a new cover completly.

Any help would be useful.

post-95488-0-49224700-1401268638_thumb.jpg

The broken clip with glue

post-95488-0-56652400-1401268648_thumb.jpg

Where it should be on the cover

post-95488-0-39048700-1401268654_thumb.jpg

How the other side looks

Make a quick call to your local dealer's parts dept.

Also, I'm not sure what glue you tried, but it might be worth trying an epoxy adhesive like Araldite - if the surfaces are properly prepared (no old glue, grease, etc), and it's given time to cure, then the bond will be as strong as the clip.

Edited by artichoke273

Just get a new one, it should be replaced under warranty but if not they are about £2 or were when one of mine broke. Easy to replace just as you have removed the old one just slide in a new one. Mine was ivory colour and I still have two in my toolbox.

Just get a new one, it should be replaced under warranty but if not they are about £2 or were when one of mine broke. Easy to replace just as you have removed the old one just slide in a new one. Mine was ivory colour and I still have two in my toolbox.

Do you happen to know the part number or where i can find it

Do you happen to know the part number or where i can find it

I can give you the part No. for the ivory ones, they are no problem to obtain from a dealer. Will post the Ivory part No. in the morning.

I can give you the part No. for the ivory ones, they are no problem to obtain from a dealer. Will post the Ivory part No. in the morning.

Part No. for the ivory part left hand: 3T9 967 901 4K1.. this No. is not on the parts. There should be a 5 numbers and the letter L or R.

Your dealer will almost certainly say they have never ordered these parts before as they have never known of them breaking, they do quite often on the electric retract sysem they are not as strong as the runner catches, the cover sliding back really hits the centre catch hard, also do not place any force on the plastic ends they will snap so easily. My spares had to come from factory source so expect a delay of about a week.

Thank you for the part number. When i get one i will post the part number for future reference if any one else has the same problem.