JD Power 2014 - Yeti at number 3

docc

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/jd-power-2014-best-worst-car-models/1296397

Skoda Yeti – 3rd

The Skoda Yeti is down one place on last year but still makes it into the top three and wins the SUV category.

Owners like the spacious cabin and find getting into and out of it a doddle. Visibility is also a strength, thanks to the raised driving position and the large windows.

However, the Yeti really shines when it comes to reliability. Faults are a much less common occurrence than in rivals, but when things do go wrong they're likely to be with the ventilation system.

Full results here:   http://www.whatcar.com/awards/jdpower/2014/home

Edited by docc
  • Like 1

Wouldn't waste my time reading anything uttered by What Car. Anyway how come WC's JD Power results are totally different from the Auto Express JD Power results???

Anyway how come WC's JD Power results are totally different from the Auto Express JD Power results???

Indeed. And there are some real and obvious curiosities in the results, which it's almost impossible to rationalise. How come for example the Golf Plus, worthy if slow-selling car though it may be and which has been around for, what, 10 years or so, has miraculously improved in just the last year from 22nd to 2nd place. It just doesn't make sense and throws the whole set of results into doubt.

Question is - who are all these people with ventilation system issues. I have not heard of any such issue.

I've got a noisy fan on the air conditioning, so that's one.

• Like 1

Wouldn't waste my time reading anything uttered by What Car. Anyway how come WC's JD Power results are totally different from the Auto Express JD Power results???

The Auto Express Drive Power survey is NOT a JD Power survey. 

Exactly!  Different set of correspondents who contributed to the two different surveys.

I've contributed to the Auto Express and Which? surveys regularly.  I'd be surprised if there was the same cross-over between AE and What Car?  Always had the impression reading What Car was very similar to reading the Daily Mail.  At least the paper they print the Mail on is absorbent!  

Edited by FlintstoneR1

My issue with What Car is the user reviews section. Twice I have posted positive reviews of my experiences of my 2 Yeti's, twice they have been removed for no apparent reason to be replaced with pretty negative user reviews. What's all that about? :thumbdown:

Looking at the city cars the VW UP is no. 1     So what about the Seat Mi and Skoda Citigo, when they are the same motor.