PID - safety cameras

LordVader

Morning all,

One week on with my CitiGo elegance - have done 750 miles (the trip to North Wales basically ran it in!) and very pleased with everything.

My only issue has been with the PID - tried updating the one I received with the car to add the latest maps, in short it ended up "bricking" the device.  Took it back to the dealer who swapped it out for a new one with no issues.

I was able to update the new PID with the latest maps, etc. via Navigon Fresh - although not every map would fit so I just installed the UK maps as that's all I need.

Now it seems that the safety camera database has disappeared.  I am certain it was on there before hand, because the PID had been warning me with that matronly "Beware - watch your speed!" whenever I approached one.

I don't particularly want to shell out £12.50 for the database.  Have I done something wrong - is there a way to get the 'free' database back on there?  

All advice gladly received!

U brick your car?

Thats a large brick!

Lol

Ok

Serious.

What is PID?

And only £12.50 for database (latest maps)?

If new car, does it not come with latest software?

I would have to shell out £100s for new maps on my Superb.

Now it seems that the safety camera database has disappeared.  I am certain it was on there before hand, because the PID had been warning me with that matronly "Beware - watch your speed!" whenever I approached one.

I think you get this warning if you stray over the NSP or appoching 20/30/40 or 50 mph zones.

The wife Citigo PID is always telling me to watch my speed but we have no fixed camaras in North Yorkshire

My PID always warns me if there is a safety camera looming with 'Beware, watch your speed' whether you are speeding or not.  As far as I've ascertained, you will get a 'Beware' if you are over the speed limit.

I had some trouble with loading onto my PID at the beginning and ended up calling up Garmin customer support and they sorted it out for me.  Might be worth a call.

Edited by Allicia8

i had to go into the settings to enable the audible warnings for the speed camera on the garmin unit

if you look at the device in fresh, there is the page where you check the installed map versions, then there is anther tab at the top, I forget what it is called and that is where you will see the POI warner if I remember correct