Just bought my mk2 Octavia.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, xenon's were a standard fit to the L&k models and an optional extra on all others, I don't even think the mk3 Octavia elegance has xenon's...

But speaking of xenon's, I have heard that to have them fitted the car need's to have headlights (the outer casing) capable of handling them legitimately, would you know if mine has the headlights capable of it, or is it all just more hassle then it's worth?

I'm half expecting a reply beginning  with the words 'Andy, You are very much mistaken'

Xenons were not a standard fit on the earlier L&K, my 2007 does not have them.

I'm 6'2", so have similar issues. Incidentally, how do you find the seat in the mk2? Perhaps I am wider than you, but I am not finding it that comfortable on longer drives. Wondering about changing it.

you can easily raid the VAG parts bin for more comfortable front seats as front seats from a Golf mk5/6, Audi A3(8P), Seat Leon Mk2 will fit and they are readily available on ebay.

Well I only took it for a 20 minute test drive. but from what I remember I didn't have any problems with the seats... then again, I'm quite the opposite of wide!

The dealership left a message on my phone saying that it's not due to be ready until the 24th, but they can possibly hurry it up and have it done around the 17/18th... Will call in the morning before work and persuade them to hurry it up and so hopefully a week Friday I will be picking it up... I will report back on my findings about the seat in due course. The 90minute drive should be enough of a test.

I'm 6'2", so have similar issues. Incidentally, how do you find the seat in the mk2? Perhaps I am wider than you, but I am not finding it that comfortable on longer drives. Wondering about changing it.

I'm a little taller than you and I got rid of my MKII pretty much specifically because of the seats being entirely unsuitable for a tall person. For example the headrest on max extension just got up to the top of my neck.

Well I only took it for a 20 minute test drive. but from what I remember I didn't have any problems with the seats... then again, I'm quite the opposite of wide!

The dealership left a message on my phone saying that it's not due to be ready until the 24th, but they can possibly hurry it up and have it done around the 17/18th... Will call in the morning before work and persuade them to hurry it up and so hopefully a week Friday I will be picking it up... I will report back on my findings about the seat in due course. The 90minute drive should be enough of a test.

What are they messing about at?

A smart bumper repair, MOT and tax does not take a month!

you can easily raid the VAG parts bin for more comfortable front seats as front seats from a Golf mk5/6, Audi A3(8P), Seat Leon Mk2 will fit and they are readily available on ebay.

Wiilydog that sounds very interesting. My current seat is manual  not heated. Is it a straight swap,  just loosen a few bolts? Or is it more complicated? I'd have to get someone to do it anyway, but the complexity dictates who that someone is.

I suppose I need to sit in a few used VAGs to confirm the most comfortable options. I think someone on the forum has installed a seat for an A6 which I would have expected to be too large. 

My other option would be to buy a specific aftermarket seat I guess. Could take that with me from car to car maybe. 

very straight forward to do as there are just 4 bolts to undo and unplug the airbag connector, the only issue you may face is different year cars had different airbag plugs so it just means snipping off your existing seat airbag plug and re-soldering it to your new seat airbag connection. 

Just avoid any seats that have electric adjustments as it adds complications and the bolts are spline bolts so not to be confused with torx so make sure you get a spline bit set to avoid rounding off the bolt heads.

if you scroll down to post 10, here is a guide by matt to show how it is done

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/216105-matttheforces-mk2-octavia-se-special-elegance/

What are they messing about at?

A smart bumper repair, MOT and tax does not take a month!

Well he did say it would be ready by Tuesday, but my next rest day from work isn't till Friday... I work Sunday's you see... Oh the joy's of working for a big faceless 24/7 logistics company!

And I did initially tell the dealer "Don't rush mate, all the time in the world, you've got till the end of the month."

Either that or the MOT went completely tits up and they're gonna need a month in which to bodge it all back together!

then again my Polish grandmother has a saying, which roughly translated to English means "Do not call the wolf out of the woods"