Clear dog guard

What type of dog do you have? Would it not be easier, and safer, to get a travel cage? I have a springer spaniel and have a 2 door cage which I lift in and out of the boot as required. I have a rubber liner on the floor of the boot which stops it slipping around and use the metal fixing bar of the adjustable boot set to secure it further.

I have a cage too - much easier and safer BUT, it did cost nearly £600

(Weimaraner and Vizsla)

Chris

cheaper to just buy a new dog in the event of an accident.......... ;-)

• Like 1

cheaper to just buy a new dog in the event of an accident.......... ;-)

You'd think wouldn't you! But have you seen how much some breeds of puppy go for these days? And not just pedigree ones either. In some cases double the cost of Chris's cage!

Hi. Anyone tried one of these clear dog guards? From the description they fit to the head restraints, no drilling required. As we only occasionally travel with the dog seems a good option as easily removed/fitted as needed. Cheers.

http://www.boot-buddy.com/Safe-D-Guard/safe-d-guard.asp

Looks good, but I bet it doesn't take long to get covered in doggie nose marks. Why do you only occasionaly travel with your dog, ours goes everywhere with us. BTW we have a normal grille which fits to the headrests, so no drilling either and it maintains a good airflow to where our GSD is.

It's our daughter's dog. They've both just moved back in for a while, and it would be great to have the flexibility to take her out with us when Em is elsewhere. New to transporting a large dog around - so any tips/recommendations appreciated.

Good luck, you will never be dog hair free again ! As mentioned above, I understand that a clear 'plastic' one will keep the back seats clean, but do please check that there is sufficient ventilation around the boot section.

Thanks! She came across from the USA this week in an airline carrier - was very unhappy in one of those so trying to work our what's best for the boot of the Superb. Already have a load liner - the crates/cages seem like a great idea.

LOL - Weimy - £850  Viszla (Crufts placed show dog) - £1000 - so £600 cage = good investment :sun:

Got mine from - http://www.safedog.co.uk/

Enough room for them both  - not tall enough for Weimy to stand up though :thumbdown:

Bonus - Keeps hairs and dirt contained - not that these dogs shed much anyway and no nose marks on the glass :thumbup:

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, we've just brought the boot buddy and tried it for the first time last night. If I'm honest, I don't think that it does give enough ventilation despite have a number of holes cut into it. I'm sure that it would be fine if you're traveling at +40mph with the back windows open, but the rear vents in the car just aren't enough.

Looks great - or did for the first 30 seconds at which point the first wet nose mark appeared. It was very easy to fit (less than 3 minutes I would think).

I bought a Nissan navara in the end, better option when it came to ferrying my two Great Danes around combined weight of nearly 165 kilos, thought about getting a horse box but SWMBO had that look on her face!!!