rear arm bushes

ive got my car back from the garage and the rear arm bushes have gone and he said it could be 4-6 hours labour.

can anyone tell me anything about them please.

oh yea it's a 05 fabia vrs

Edited by bluepassion

He is having a laugh, they're like an hour to an hour and a half doing it on stands if you're a total noob and stop for a cuppa, a hell of a lot less if you have a lift. Look in the technical guides section.

Edited by Avalon
  • Like 1

That's silly. A guy came to mine and did it in just over an hour charged - £60. Skoda dealer wanted a couple of hours - £240 ish!?

• Like 1

To be fair I have heard that in a worst case scenario some aluminium thread can strip or split or something. But guess that would be more costly in parts than time as such.

If you fit Powerflex it's a much easier job, the only potential issue is if the wishbone bolt won't Come out or the top nut on the ball joint but I'd rather pick a fight with 1 large top nut than three small ones on the ball joint and it's easy to see if the wishbone bolt will shift.

If you fit Powerflex it's a much easier job, the only potential issue is if the wishbone bolt won't Come out or the top nut on the ball joint but I'd rather pick a fight with 1 large top nut than three small ones on the ball joint and it's easy to see if the wishbone bolt will shift.

I preferred to leave the top nut alone and take off the three ball joint bolts instead. I ordered new ones before doing it though.