correct/best oil

L11KBY

Hi guys trying to get a straight answer on what oil is best. I've got a 53 plate fabia vrs. Its had some work done on the engine so smokes when I boot it. The oil isn't on minimum level yet but I'd like to top it up. So in your guys opinions what would you recommend?? Thanks

• 2 months later...

Personally I use Mobil 1 ESP 5w30.

It Exceeds the min 505 01 requirements and is suitable up to 507 00 (from 504 00)

I just did 11.5K over the last year on this oil with zero problems, I believe I did a minor top up once using what was left over from the the same 5 litre bottle I used originally to do the full change, so 1x 5 litre bottle is good for at least 10K worth of motoring, was consistently averaging around 45 to 50 MPG each full tank of fuel all year long on a remapped engine, just changed oil again yesterday and to stuck the same brand 100% convinced this is the best choice for my 2004 Fabia VRS (ASZ)