Advice on clutch

Just got home to the other half arriving in style ...

y6emyvug.jpg

After some advice here, clutch pedal gave way on her coming off of a roundabout changing from 3rd to 4th gear. There is some plastic which has snapped off from somewhere behind the dash/above clutch pedal and the pedal is stuck to the floor, you can lift it up but it springs straight back down again.

Anyone had this before and know what it could be?

Car is a 1.9 diesel

Any suggestions on what could be the issue would be appreciated

Thanks for the quick reply, fills me with a bit more confidence that it's a relatively cheap repair compared to a new clutch or gearbox! I've looked at the snapped parts and they look the same as the black bit in the 2nd link.

When you say about replacing the pedal or getting it welded, what exactly do you mean here? It's going to be a garage job, just want to know what I am talking about so I can tell them what it is when I ring them?

If I'm entirely honest I'm not confident with doing the work myself, if I did I wouldn't have the time to either, I work 5 long days during week so weekends is my only chance, car needs to be back on road in the next few days to be honest, the other half needs her independence!

Car is now back home and fixed, found a garage in town who fixed a similar problem before and knew exactly what it was when we explained it to them, they came and got the car first thing, it was back by just after lunch, £30 later :)

Thanks for all the help and advice here guys!

• Like 2

We are glad it was sorted so quickly, one garage we would usually use in town said he couldn't get it in for 2 weeks! Guy who fixed it is a young lad who's recently opened his own garage in town, heard a few people say they wouldn't trust him, but then surely how can you not trust someone if they haven't done any work for you!

Will definitely go back to this guy in future with our cars, seems the only thing he can't do is MOTs!