Locating bars on roof rails

Hi,

On my previous car the roof rails had some little arrows showing where to place roof bars for a roof box.  On my Superb Estate I can't see anything similar.  Are there any guidelines as to the best place to fix the rails/box?

- P

I dont think there are any on the bars - I could not see any on mine either.

I just went with the dims from the Thule roof bars http://www.thule.com/en/gb/products/carriers-and-racks/roof-racks/load-carrier-feet/thule-rapid-system-757-_-757000 this should take you to a page to download install guide, from what I can make out the furthur back the quieter the bars are. Seems to work for me.

My whispbar manual just says that the cross bars need to be 650mm apart, nothing about whereabouts to position them.

Interesting that the Thule manual for the same type of quiet bars has them a minimum of 700mm apart.

Further back makes them quieter but I have the front bar as far forward as possible (just in front of the middle foot that joins the rail to the car) to minimise the weight on the rear section of the roof rails, and in turn the weight on the rear axle. The reason is that when I'm using mine, I also have a boot full of luggage, plus a trailer applying 40kg of downward force on the towbar and I like the car to sit as flat as possible.