Speed limits displaying on Columbus when starting engine

Had a strange thing happen twice in the last week when starting the car up, it is popping up a list of the applicable speed limits in the UK. It's like it thinks I have travelled from a different country, I guess this would be a useful feature if I was travelling abroad, but the furthest my car has gone so far is about 50 miles away from my home!

Anyone else had this, does it mean there is a software or GPS issue?

This information is shown when travelling between different countries. I live in Luxembourg so get it quite often when I travel over the border (which isnt difficult to do given the whole country is only about 50miles by 20 miles) into Belgium, France or Germany.

The only thing I can think of is that the country setting within Columbus is maybe set to a different country than UK (maybe it defautls to Czech?), so everytime it starts it gives you the facts about driving in the UK? I get the message whenever I start the car in a country that isnt Lux, eg when I am over in UK.

That's what I thought, but it has been fine up until a couple of days ago when it first popped up and then again today. It seems as though it is forgetting where it last was, I will check the settings in the Columbus later to make sure it hasn't accidentally defaulted back to another country.

Perhaps just a glitch? I will wait for it to happen again and then take a photo and contact my dealer.

Happens on mine occasionally as well. Probably nothing to worry about. So far I've seen it maybe 3 times in in 6 months...

happened a couple of times with mine. i think, if only one or 2 gps satellites are found straight away, it doesnt get your exact location, and thinks your somewhere else, usually abroad. by the time you notice whats going on, its found another satillite and knows where you are - in a 'different' country, and so shows the speed limits.

My Tomtom i used to use used to take sometimes a couple of minutes to find satelites and would default to London, then bounce me about until it could 'triangulate' my position. I guess this is what Skoda is doing

I think it's a software bug. It happened a dozen times with my Columbus - when I started the engine it thought I was in Augsburg, Germany and after a couple of seconds it changed to Bulgaria (speed limits displayed also). Maybe Audi are involved in some way  :D