improve performance in Fabia rs mkII

Who think the rear ballasts to removed from the car? , Is it worse driving performance? They have told me that the rear braking improves and corrects understeer with ballasts installed

z3dy.jpg

pt7d8.jpg

?

Who is 'they' that told you.?

Have you changed the springs/Dampers/ARB  or are you going to be changing your cars set up from 

how it left the factory?

Just maybe try it for your self.

First try removing the Spare Wheel & Jack, thats 20 kg less at the rear.

Then try the Weights off, that is another 25 kg.

So a total of 45 kg.

If you feel it is worse handling and braking, put the 20 KG spare back in.

& Maybe move the Battery from the Engine Compartment to the Boot, under the Spare Wheel.

george

PS

The Estate was supposed to be 5 KG lighter than the Hatch, (Kerbweight) for 3 years Skoda let us believe that.

It is actually 70 kg heavier, (Kerbweight) so with the weights off the Hatch is 95 kg lighter.

(with Spare and jack out 115 kg lighter Kerbweight)

& the Estate is 9 3/4" Longer and has different Springs on the rear than the Hatch.

It is better balanced with Handling than the Hatch Standard with Better Traction IMO., but the Rear Springs are different

But then they are rather different vehicles, with the Same Drive Train and brakes.

Sorry, translated with translator

Response in another forum

''The rear axle is a trailing axle, so no matter where you put your car that low uniform weight.
The braking improvement because the regulator is electronic and having more weight has more grip and braking automatically.
It is also used to reduce the understeer tendency of some car to have more weight right at the tip, once inside the apex of the curve that weight back there helps a little more to complete the turn.''

Edited by EduVRS

EduVRS.

All the stuff with Weight Distribution, & ESP, ABS. XDS is good.

Cars are designed to drive with a Driver, or even 3-4 passengers & luggage.

If you carry more weight you might drive slower to the circumstances and the vehicles safe capabilities

and the brakes cope.

They will not overheat in normal use and normal driving.

If you are talking about doing Brake & Handling Improvements and modifying, and increasing Engine Performance.

More Weight carried costs you up hill, that will be performance, and more weight downhill is harder on Brakes.

More weight requires better braking. & Brakes can Heat if used harder.

Well with a vRS, the XDS Disables its self when the Brake System gets too hot.

So there are things you can do, Improve the Brakes, Discs, Pads, Calipers. Fluid., Decrease Assistance, 

Reduce the setting on the XDS maybe.

Change Tyres, Springs, Dampers, Bushes, ARBs. etc.

If you think removing the Rear Ballast Weights will cause a Problem to the ESP-ABS-XDS, maybe best leave alone.

If you do want to change things then maybe have people that do things like tuning Professionally, advise you,

and stay safe.

Other MK2 Fabias that are nearly the same weight as the vRS, like a Monte Carlo 1.6 TDI.

or an Elegance DSG do not have 25 KG bolted to the rear Crash Bar.

But then they were no doubt just fitted with suitable Brakes & Suspension,

& had No need to be Sand bagged by Skoda to make them appear to be poorer performing & heavier than 

VW, Audi or Seats, rather than just set the Suspension up properly.

The car pictured in post #1. is the one in the Video. (211 BHP on the TMC & ITG)

The owner does tell you in posts that the back end was a bit skittery under braking with the weights removed (paraphrase),

so you maybe need to take heed of his experiences 

& then see for yourself really.

I think the removal of the ballast is not so large as to change the framerate but open this post for you to do it or advise me if their reactions as they do not use the cocho only for drag racing
, I really like driving on curvy roads.

The word'' skittery'' I do not recognize the translator ... can you explain me differently? thanks: D

Personally i remove the weights, and thats for driving sportingly on back twisty roads. (curvy)

But then it is done with consideration to the Suspension, Brakes and Tyres.

IMO the vRS handles perfectly fine without the Ballast Weights on the car.

Others remove the weights for driving sportingly or spirited on back roads or track and also think the car handles well

and safely.

Then there are Others advise not to remove the weights.

Its up to you and your Insurance Company if you modify your car.

george

Personally i remove the weights, and thats for driving sportingly on back twisty roads. (curvy)

But then it is done with consideration to the Suspension, Brakes and Tyres.

IMO the vRS handles perfectly fine without the Ballast Weights on the car.

Others remove the weights for driving sportingly or spirited on back roads or track and also think the car handles well

and safely.

Then there are Others advise not to remove the weights.

Its up to you and your Insurance Company if you modify your car.

George

thanks for your reviews, I think I will delete and I will tell you the impressions