HTC One X not connecting to MDI

Hello,

My HTC One X is not connecting to the MDI. I took it to the Skoda dealer and the Mechanic hooked up his Sony Z1 without any issues...When I try it comes up with the error message that MDI is not supported....Can anyone help?

Warm regards

Stephan

My Nokia windows phone won't connect at all, from the reading up i did few months back i believe that there may be a setting within the phone to allow to be used as a mass storage device but my nokia doesn't have this option in settings but yours might, I could well be wrong but hope there is some help in there.

Wrighty

how are you connecting it? i have a one x plus i could try if i knew what you were doing

n00b alert sorry :notme:

I use the MDI cable with USB ending then the HTC cable...I have since tried a USB stick and a mini disk storage device and they all work but not my phone...

My Nokia windows phone won't connect at all, from the reading up i did few months back i believe that there may be a setting within the phone to allow to be used as a mass storage device but my nokia doesn't have this option in settings but yours might, I could well be wrong but hope there is some help in there.

Wrighty

I tried all the options...The phone does connect as a USB storage device but still the MDI comes up with as not Supported....

BTW...I just found this:

Volkswagen Media Device Interface (MDI) Firmware Upgrade 0150 KW22-2011
Firmware Changes

Version 0150 – production (from week) KW22/2011 (launched KW45/10)
(any MDI’s produced or fitted in the factory from week 22 2011 onwards should have this version fitted out of the factory)

I can only assume that my Skoda Fabia Greenline 2 1.2 Tdi autumn 2011 reg has the same software as the VW....

just tried it and it didnt work for me either :sweat:

im wondering if theres a cable for phones rather than a cable into another cable as that doesnt sound ideal, i can never remember if its micro or mini but im sure they'll be a cable available for it

just tried it and it didnt work for me either :sweat:

im wondering if theres a cable for phones rather than a cable into another cable as that doesnt sound ideal, i can never remember if its micro or mini but im sure they'll be a cable available for it

Sorry to hear you have the same issue...To be honest I don't think it will make any difference whether it connects to the phone directly or with usb mini/micro usb...I'd be very surprised if it did

Sorry to hear you have the same issue...To be honest I don't think it will make any difference whether it connects to the phone directly or with usb mini/micro usb...I'd be very surprised if it did

well when i connect a tablet i have ( to my pc) using a usb extension and then a normal cable the tablet wont do a firmware update, install drivers etc but when i use the same cable without the extension it works fine  even though the extension works fine for usb sticks so im guessing additional cables inline could cause issues for certain operations

personally i only ever use usb sticks in my car but if you really want to use the phone it might be worth sourcing a proper single cable to do the job if there cheap enough

Edited by the mad monk

well when i connect a tablet i have ( to my pc) using a usb extension and then a normal cable the tablet wont do a firmware update, install drivers etc but when i use the same cable without the extension it works fine  even though the extension works fine for usb sticks so im guessing additional cables inline could cause issues for certain operations

personally i only ever use usb sticks in my car but if you really want to use the phone it might be worth sourcing a proper single cable to do the job if there cheap enough

I have resigned to the not using the phone...I connected my mini hard drive and that works perfectly...so all ok...thanks for your input and interesting to hear your experience...