Retrofit facelift taillights

Eldholm

Is it possible to retrofit the facelift taillights on a pre-facelift?

The rear bodypanels is the same only the tailgate is different.

Is it possible to recode the lightcontroll so i won´t get a check taillight??

I presume you are meaning you want to fit the LED rear lamps?

If so you do realise that it is only the one bulb that is replaced by an LED unit?

I think that others have tried the re-coding route and found it didn't work, so had to fit a resistor.

I am fairly sure I have read that Superskoda are developing a plug & play solution to allow fitment of the FL-LED rear lights to the original model. 

Skodadop already sell the replacement F/L rear light units for the Yeti, so I presume these are the LED type.The trouble is they are not very forth coming with their description of how they work and if they are Canbus free. One would presume they are simply plug and play but it is a lot of money to pay if they cause problems (Canbus).

Tony

Yes it´s the LED version :-)

I have just ordered the facelift version from a car recycler here in Sweden and will give it a try... :)

I like the look of the new one and one of my taillights has a crack in it..

Could be fun to see how many errors i get... :P

• Like 1

I presume you are meaning you want to fit the LED rear lamps?

If so you do realise that it is only the one bulb that is replaced by an LED unit?

I think that others have tried the re-coding route and found it didn't work, so had to fit a resistor.

Quite, especially as only the brake/rear light becomes an LED and not the rear fog, indicator, or reverse.

As you rightly point out it is actually two lights that are LED's (brake and sidelights)

They do look much better IMO

I have now mounted the lights and it was just plug and play. But i get errors on brakelight and sidelight on both sides. All according to "plan", Now i just have to fit resistors or try to do some testing with VCDS.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like i have to fit resistors to get rid of the error code.

Does anyone know the right resistance for Brakelight and sidelight?? 

As i understand there is 2x5w for the sidelight and 1x21w for brakelight? Whats the resistance for those lights?

And should i fit the resistors before or after the LED´s??

• 2 weeks later...

The MkII Skoda Superb also has only the brake and tail light functions performed by LED's.

I fitted resistors to mine and posted a how-to guide here...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/317380-skoda-superb-mkii-pre-facelift-led-rear-light-cluster-conversion/

Should give you a good indication of the types of resistors you need to buy.