Scout questions

I am looking at buying a 2008 2.0 tdi PD Scout. Can anyone confirm the following:-

Is recommended cambelt change 80000 miles or 4 years maximum.

Is Haldex 2 recommended oil change 20000 & filter 40000.

Any other issues to look out for, Thanks in advance.

Search on here for Teves Mk60. My ABS pump packed up a week before the three year warranty expired on our 2008 Scout.

I'd imagine a 2008 Octavia will be good now as most failures seemed to happen quite early.

The alloys will be shot if they haven't already been refurbished, the polished rims and spokes on the Proteus alloys fitted to the Scout are quite weak and corrode quickly.

Given that most dealers forget about the Haldex oil change (quite shocking really) you'll do well to find one that's had it replaced every 40,000 miles.

I recently changed the gearbox oil on our Scout as changing between 1st and 2nd during the colder months got a little crunchy, much better now.

Other than that the Scout is pretty much the same as any other Octavia estate.

On high mileage examples you might want to enquire about the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter). The Scout was one of only a very few early MkII models to get one (8V SOHC) and I'm sure you'll be aware of the issues that can occur as they get older.