Bmw wheels on Mk1 VRS

Might just get the backs on as they are as you can just about squeeze nines under them but will have to run camber on the front good job fitted TT bits up front. What are they like grip wise? Drove a mates on nankangs and they felt a bit loose and didn't offer as much grip as say a set of avons

Its more of a no choice if u want stuff to fit bud

They arnt bad tbh, got on the zaf thats 209bhp 307lbs now

Rear wise, yeah they take 9s and i have 9.5

But..... I have camber and also they have the width to pull a stretch

A 8j rim that aggresive sitting will have tyre rite where u dont want it but

Them as-1s narrow in at the top like a stretch

Thing is wide or poke or flush or low or such doesnt always go hand in hand with traction and drive

More so u go with what fits

Say -1 degree rear shims for camber ( + toe correct shims as needed )

Stretched or narrow tyres to avoid arch munching

True but don't want to have fook all grip either if I choose to drive it hard. I have got the beam relocate plates to fit to shove it back to where it needs to be and all arches are flat with no edges to help clearance. And agree don't want arch munching but at same time don't want a stupid stretch on the tyres if can avoid it. So think 215 would be a in between thing. And I don't intend to run it that low just sitting above the tyre is where I'm aiming at

205 wont be a stretch on on a 8 bud

Just gona have to be ur trial bud :(

Its a hell of a offset to dance with

What if u purchased 1 tyre and tried it on front n rear to see how fits

On the rear the beams are usually a tad offset too, so try it on rear passengers side as its usually the 1 thats a few mm further out bud

This I've got to see. Et5 or et10 is asking for trouble and will poke like a good one, if you don't run stretch you'll not get the tread in the arch which'll render them illegal.

Maybe get the arches rolled & flared to help a little.

The octavias arches are nowhere near as forgiving as the mk4/mk5 golfs are:(

Edited by SNH

Nothing is impossible yes I get it the reality of it makes it seem not but I ain't been defeated yet. Did consider a 215 35 to help a touch as they say go big or go home. And don't know about the unforgiving part only becomes a issue when you run your car so low it's not possi