Coilover Clunk....

Some weird stuff going on with my AP coilovers.

When the car has been sat for a while, when I first drive off I get clunking noises for maybe 100 yards then it goes away, any ideas what this is? Seems to come from the front.

Also, seems the coils are binding, seen loads of threads about this, but does anyone know where I can get any of the rubber tubing or is it worth talking to DPM where I got them from to ask AP for me?

Cheers,

Ben.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is signs of marking between the springs. Looks like they have been binding.

Will check the top mounts tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

Pictures here Damian, the drivers side is worse than the passenger side too.

Drivers Side:

qyqyjyby.jpg

esyzy8ys.jpg

Passenger Side:

uvajenat.jpg

This is how low they're set:

are9y4yz.jpg

Cheers,

Ben.

Mine do this, i just chose to ignore it now... Unless there is an easy solution?

Glad its not just me! Does it disappear after a short while too?

I have the Weitec Hicon GT fitted to my Fabia and get the clongs and knocking when on the Full Lock and been told by mechanic it's the springs that make this noise...

Happy to see I'm not the only one and that there might be a solution to sort this out...;)

Robs car (vrsrs) which was my old one did it and ap supplied tubing to stop them binding together and squeaking.

Still get the clunking on full lock occasionally and creaking all the freaking time!! 

Thanks Damian - are you happy to buy a bundle and sell to some of us forum members, even if we didn't buy our coilovers from you?

I'm also on Weitec Hicon GT, got clonk noise on full lock then sometimes when cornering harshly

• Like 1

Clunking on full lock can be the drop links catching the arch liner. Mine does this too!

Sorted that already...;)

Cut the arch liner and some of the clunking dissapeared but it's still there. The Mechanic checked the car and his first words were - It's the springs from the coilovers.

Matty

Ap paid for my tubing and for it to be fitted - I'd advise all with this noise to pursue them for foc supply and fitting.

Funny how the kw's don't do it!