Cars+, Alloy protection And Service plan add ons on a PCP deal

Auberne

Hi guys. While the gap insurance I believe is required on a new car being financed by a PCP deal, I was wondering your thoughts on alloy wheel protection, car+ for the scrapes and dings, as well as the service plan and Gardx from the dealer.

While the gap insurance costs around £13 per month, Gardx is around 10, service plan is around 6 pounds, and the car+ And the alloy cover bolt on are around £10 each on a 42 month deal.

As anyone had any experience on these products when attached to a PCP deal through Skoda. I have read that the Gardx is not particularly worth it however I can see that the others could be. Any thoughts as it is increasing my budget significantly and I still have several days left to change a plan before the car is signed off in my name.

You can buy gap insurance far cheaper elsewhere, just google 'gap insurance' and get a couple of quotes.  As for the other stuff, just multiply the monthly cost by 42 to see what it's going to cost you in total.  Only you can decide for if you feel it's good value, but typically these are just dealer add-ons to generate profit.  Personally I'd save my money on the alloys cover and just be careful when you park near kerbs.

Too late to back out or change the contract? I signed one on Wednesday and then all the advice came flooding in from friends and so on (a little too late). I have 12 more days to change the finance agreement, but the add-ons are with Skoda direct or rather the dealership. As I dont own the car yet and haven't signed for it (only the order paperwork they do before you pick it up), can the options be change and can they change the PCP agreement to remove the GAP that needs to be paid up front?

Basically, am I screwed for paying an extra 30+ per month for 42 months, or shoudl I be able to change it,. It could be as much as 600 quid over 3 years

Edited by Auberne