Citigo parts from the VAG parts bin

spectrumz80

I was looking at the seatbelt sockets and thinking of an '84 Polo mk2 I used to have. I think they may be the same seatbelt socket connectors? 

Volkswagen Group are masters for part sharing and platform sharing. Obviously there'll be heaps of commonality with it's brothers the Mii and Up! 

of course, but I wonder what else is shared. 

But what else have people spotted re-used from other older cars? I presume once you delve under the bonnet and behind the scenes

there are all sorts of other tried and trusted parts that VW Group have been using for decades. 

Well if it ain't broke... Did the Polo seat-belt socket have a sensor for the warning light? You'd probably find that the designs of a lot of electrical sundries like cable connectors, windscreen-wiper motors, etc. haven't changed a whole lot beyond being converted to digitised parts and stored in a PLM database.

From my last 5 years of experience in automotive part manufacturing the basic design and function of parts don't change drastically. Or in some cases don't change at all for 6+ years

Sent from my Galaxy S5

From my last 5 years of experience in automotive part manufacturing the basic design and function of parts don't change drastically. Or in some cases don't change at all for 6+ years

Sent from my Galaxy S5

...and the rest!  If it still conforms to the latest standards, hasn't been made cheaper to manufacture and is proven to work, expect certain parts to stay for many, many years.  Tooling costs money...

There are plenty of old VAG parts in the citigo.

The interior light (mk 4 golf* 1998)

The side repeaters (mk 4 golf* c1998)

The door handles  (mk 4 golf* c1998)

Flip keys  (mk 4 golf* c1998)

The grab handles, although undamped are also from the mid 90s.

Thats just from the top of my head.

* and others!

Sounds like good news to everyone. And the customer get a reasonably priced car. What's wrong about that really? After all customer pays everything. If not, it's good bye for the brand.

• Like 1