Score/Groove in front brake disc.

Hi all, I have notice a single score on one of my from brake disc's that I replaced a few months ago, It's not very deep but quite noticable as their faily new disc's, I can only imagine a bit of grit has got inbetween the pad and disc.

My question is my car is going in for its MOT on Wednesday and I was wondering if this could affect how it gets on?

Cheers

No it won't affect the MOT. As long as your pads are ok and braking performance is good you will be fine for use and MOT.

Cheers mate, was hoping so, probably end up with an advisory as they do that for anything now!

It'll have to be a pretty bad score to get even close to an advisory!

Every car I've owned has had scores on the disks and it's not once been mentioned on an MOT.

It'll have to be a pretty bad score to get even close to an advisory!

Every car I've owned has had scores on the disks and it's not once been mentioned on an MOT.

True but some off the advisories ive had lately have been laughable, I love the one "some components could not be checked due to engine covers" when I got that being awkward I asked what it ment and did it mean some MOT checked couldn't be done? They looked at me gone out and said no as it would fail its MOT if that was the case, so I then queried why was it on an MOT certificate if it wasn't MOT components and had no baring on the MOT result, to which they couldn't give me a good sensible answer!