Front to O/S/R brake pipe replacement advice please

Hi all,

I am after some advice as to wether or not it is possible to replace the brake pipe which goes from the ABS pump to the o/s/r without having to remove the fuel tank as the original brake pipe is routed above the fuel tank. Is it possible to complete the job by just lowering the fuel tank rather than removing it? Will the removal of the heat deflector plate alone make the job easier and or do'able without disturbing the fuel tank? Any advice and or tips on replacing the pipe and removing / lowering the fuel tank will be very much appreciated.

I have known in the past I was able to buy the correct brake pipe already shaped cut-to length as the original.

If not, make your own copper replacement pipe up-yourself using a flare tool + new fittings and a length of copper-pipe..

If you could re-route brake-pipe without fouling something and the brake-pipe is secured to body-work, then it's one-way to avoid dropping the fuel-tank.

Of course study the condition of securing nuts/bolts straps etc of the fuel tank, after running fuel low, and get a second pair of agile hands to assist you of course,

in it's removal/ replacement..

You will need a second pair of feet to bleed the brake system, unless again you use a self-bleed system.. 

• Like 1