Dsg clunks and creaks

Greedyben

I took our Yeti 1.2tsi out yesterday and it seems to have developed a slight creak from underneath the car when moving off under a light throttle.

It is a facelift car with just over 2.5k on the clock.

The box has always been a bit tighter feeling than our previous pre facelift Yeti of the same spec. When it was new there was sometimes a slight resistance going into R follow by a clunk when R engaged but this seems to be happening less often now I am aware of it.

From my intial reaction I would say it feels like a loose engine or gearbox mount?

Has anyone else had issues with anything similar?

I will take it back to the dealers if it persists but they are a fair whack away and I won't have time next week at least.

Just wondering if there is a flexi joint in the exhaust which is causing it when you apply the torque to move off.

Was common on old E-W BMC FWDs.

I took our Yeti 1.2tsi out yesterday and it seems to have developed a slight creak from underneath the car when moving off under a light throttle.

It is a facelift car with just over 2.5k on the clock.

The box has always been a bit tighter feeling than our previous pre facelift Yeti of the same spec. When it was new there was sometimes a slight resistance going into R follow by a clunk when R engaged but this seems to be happening less often now I am aware of it.

From my intial reaction I would say it feels like a loose engine or gearbox mount?

Has anyone else had issues with anything similar?

I will take it back to the dealers if it persists but they are a fair whack away and I won't have time next week at least.

Did you manage to sort things out?

I took it out on sat and couldn't get it to repeat the 'creak', it did have 5 people in it though. I've been out in it this morning too and all seems fine.

My father in law had been driving it on weds and he is the slowest driver I have ever met so not sure if this had anything to do with it or not. Also my wife used it on friday and a 'traction control' warning light came up on the dash with a beep but disappeared after a few minutes driving she said.

Odd!